Im Ready To Set My Co2 Up Please Guide Me Though It

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Spurry

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Sorry its me again, my 4dkh water bromo blue indicator solution has arived and ive put the req amount in and its in the tank now and blue in colour
every thing is set up now and ready to go.

my KH is a 2/3Dkh and my PH is 7, i want to get this right so i dont kill anything or myself lol,
this chart says my co2 is leval is 6ppm and low the drop checker is still blue and been in for 3hrs with 4Dkh in it, thats good right
going with the chart and my ph and kh im looking at 16/23ppm of co2 this will lower my ph to 6.6 which will be ok right ?

ph-kh.jpg

so to get that asuming i am right and please correct me if im not, what should i start with im bubbles per min the book that i got given says start at 10-15 in the bobble counter per minute

i have a mixed ferts bag thast for people using co2 (green high) from ebay
im going to mix it up tonight and it says to does daily are empty pop bottles ok to store the mix in

thanks for being patient with me, i just want to get it right.. :good:

leave that table alone...it gets a little complicated when you use something like that. Keep it simple...

What diffuser are you using?

I only ask cos with these new atomisers the bubble count can be kept a little lower.

I always start on one BPS and keep an eye on the fish and the dropchecker.

leave that table alone...it gets a little complicated when you use something like that. Keep it simple...

What diffuser are you using?

I only ask cos with these new atomisers the bubble count can be kept a little lower.

I always start on one BPS and keep an eye on the fish and the dropchecker.
it came with THIS but ive sent for this as the jbl one is ugly

one bubble per min in the bubble counter that 60 per min ? in bobble counter of reactor im testing it now with the jbl one but i will change it at the weekend

the JBL laders are ok but they are ugly and take up space, they also need to be in the way of the flow. The atomisers are great as you can monitor where the bubbles are going. They do need a higher Bar to work though...

heres mine

very nice, thats the same one that came today im going for the tube tomorrow on way how from work

but for now you recomend i go for 60 bubbles a minute ?

what about when i fit the new one ?

advice on the fert dosing as well when to do it as i said its a mix and says 5ml per 50lts aday

i welcome your advice
many thanks

yes start with 1 bps, then change to what the DC suggests. I would start the new one at 1 bps as well, you may find that this is sufficient for the atomiser.

the JBL laders are ok but they are ugly and take up space, they also need to be in the way of the flow. The atomisers are great as you can monitor where the bubbles are going. They do need a higher Bar to work though...

heres mine

Out of interest Ian what bar are you running your atomiser at? I have the same one but I think it is faulty because it gives out bigger bubbles near the join with the ceramic and plastic. As you may remember my first one Exploded!!

yes start with 1 bps, then change to what the DC suggests. I would start the new one at 1 bps as well, you may find that this is sufficient for the atomiser.
ok i will change it to 1 bubble per second and see how it goes

what do you mean DC suggests

mine runs at 2.5 bar at the moment. If you're getting larger bubbles near the seals the seal is faulty. You can either super glue the small gap or drop andy @ tankscape a email and see what he'll do.

@ Surry, Dc as in drop checker. If it says lime green, then alls good.

add ferts straight away, and yes they can be stored where ever.

add ferts straight away, and yes they can be stored where ever.
ok thanks bubble count is now 60bpm

is adding the ferts ok to do before i go to work as the co2 would come on before i finish work

yes that will be fine. I normally head off to work at 06.00 and i dose just befor i leave. The lights come on at 15.00, and this works for me OK.

sorry for all the questions last one for now
when i mix the ferts it tap water ok of does it need dechlorinated water ?

some say to use RO water, some say to use tap water. Mixing with warm tap water is normally OK though. You don't need to dechlor it either.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back