Im New

Ive just changed about 18Ls of the water. going to do a test in a bit see what the result is.

Lol, I know, like I said a big water change is the way to go, might as well do a 60 or 70% change and get it over with in one fell swoop!

I might try that or I'll cry soon lol Ive seen like water treat mental that so the same would these work?

Water treatments that remove ammonia and nitrite you mean? I don't really know anything about them, you'd have to say what they are any maybe someone else can help. Generally speaking, a lot of these "treatments" usually don't work.

Safest best is a nice big water change!

Took your advise on a bigger water chamge and done about a 60-70% change. Just done the tests and 0 PPM :) Is there anything i should do to keep on top of this?

Just be careful not to over feed and if you have live plants make sure any dying leaves are taken out ASAP. Other than that, it's just keep a check on the levels and do water changes as needed. This is probably going to be a daily thing for a couple weeks so just be diligent with your testing and big water changes and it'll pay off in the end!

You'll be able to do a water change in 10-20 minutes after a couple of days at it hehe.

I have a automatic feeder set to feed at x time and x time. and not fully open so feeding should be fine i hope. Ill check of left over food if there is ill close the feeder a notch. Ill keep a good eye on the plants aswell. i think they could have been a reason as the light wasnt being left on long enough but ive bought a timer for the light so i can make sure its on and off the right amount.

For the water changes i fill like im becoming a pro already :lol:

hehe I bet you are. Are you feeding twice a day? You could easily cut back to once a day - less poop = less ammonia.

Im feeding at 7.30am and 7.30pm just before bed time. And dropping in little amounts. If there feed once aday they eat my plants instead!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back