I'm Getting On My Own Nerves

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Anyone else really really choosy about what the fish they have?

Some people will just have anything in their tanks, I've seen people who just do that. There's one guy lives near me, anything I buy and get bored of, he takes it. Doesn't matter what it is. He just likes 'fish' not 'species'.

I am having trouble finding many fish I genuinely like! Or there are fish I LOVE but shouldn't really keep in 60 gallon planted - such as a Gold Severum and BGKF!

I do have a couple of rainbow fish, but really find their snouty noses quite ugly. I find most larger cichlids ugly, love Angels/Severums but most of the others are urrrgly to me. I spend hours walking up and down the tanks trying to find something I really love, but never do.
 
Anyone else really really choosy about what the fish they have?

Some people will just have anything in their tanks, I've seen people who just do that. There's one guy lives near me, anything I buy and get bored of, he takes it. Doesn't matter what it is. He just likes 'fish' not 'species'.

I am having trouble finding many fish I genuinely like! Or there are fish I LOVE but shouldn't really keep in 60 gallon planted - such as a Gold Severum and BGKF!

I do have a couple of rainbow fish, but really find their snouty noses quite ugly. I find most larger cichlids ugly, love Angels/Severums but most of the others are urrrgly to me. I spend hours walking up and down the tanks trying to find something I really love, but never do.

I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
get on your nerves,
get on your nerves........................................... :lol:

Only kidding. Maybe it's your time for a bigger tank, Mel...........
 
hi am really fussy when it comes to my fish i only seem to like silver mollies , and wasnt happy when my hubby got me a dalmation balloon mollie, he does have his own tank with a black ghost knife init , which is a really cool fish and i wont even let him put that in my tank incase it does eat my mollies,
 
Anyone else really really choosy about what the fish they have?

Some people will just have anything in their tanks, I've seen people who just do that. There's one guy lives near me, anything I buy and get bored of, he takes it. Doesn't matter what it is. He just likes 'fish' not 'species'.

I am having trouble finding many fish I genuinely like! Or there are fish I LOVE but shouldn't really keep in 60 gallon planted - such as a Gold Severum and BGKF!

I do have a couple of rainbow fish, but really find their snouty noses quite ugly. I find most larger cichlids ugly, love Angels/Severums but most of the others are urrrgly to me. I spend hours walking up and down the tanks trying to find something I really love, but never do.

I know a song that'll get on your nerves,
get on your nerves,
get on your nerves........................................... :lol:

Only kidding. Maybe it's your time for a bigger tank, Mel...........

OMG am I getting on your nerves? I don't get it :blush: I would love a bigger tank but I haven't got the space for it
 
Sorry, no you're not getting on my nerves. I was referring to the title of your thread.

I don't have space for a bigger tank either. The worst thing about fishkeeping is the space we don't have. :sad:
 
:lol: mel im just like you i gotta have good fish. like my sev and blue acara i even find myself looking at 1 of my angels and thinking im not sure those colours are quite right ( my gold marble ) the other 3 are 2 zebra and a little gold 1 but im just not sure the marble is doing it for mew lol it may have to go. i also really really want a thoryctis eliotti weeeeeeeeeeeelll tasty . its just dawned on me i think i need a 30 foot tank :lol:
 
Oh yeah, the thread title! LOL der.
Ohhhh the space thing is PANTS. Sometimes my tank seems tiny and it so isn't tiny. Other times it does look pretty big but only for about 5 seconds lol.
I don't even always like the idea of really big fish. Sometimes I want shoals of tiny fish too. I change my mind alllll the time. I do get on the shops nerves as well cos I have an irritating habit of finding random things in the shops. Like today, I walked round the whole place twice and picked one albino cory because he was was massive like the one I've got here already and found him a mate. They have every fish you can think of, the most amazing selection, I come in, spend half hour in there and say with a very small embarrassed voice 'erm scuse me could i have that cory just there, just the one please' lol
 
I'm not sure how to answer you Mel. I am presently keeping my 55 gallon empty because I will be going to a fish auction in about 2 weeks and I am morally certain that I will find something that I am willing to give a lot of money for when I am there. The 55 is being maintained fish-ready with a filter running on my main tank that is big enough to serve that tank. There is also a 10 gallon that is not really being used and a 10 that contains only a daphnia culture that could be moved. The chances are that I will find more tanks at the auction and I have a spare XP2 that could be pressed into service if needed. We will see, but the point is that I am ready to take on new fish if I can find any of a type that might interest me. I cannot limit myself to a particular fish type or I will probably find nothing. On the other hand, I can wait the extra 3 months to the ALA convention if nothing tickles my fancy at the club auction. The ALA auction in Indianapolis is likely to give me a real quality selection of livebearers to choose from.
Choosy about new fish? Not very as long as they are a challenge.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top