Im getting a new 29gallon

Paradise_Gourami

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Im going to get a 29 or 30 gallon tank soon. im planning on putting all my fish from my 10gal into it(listed below). What would be a good addition to the fish i allready have(they all get along great). i migh move the plattie into their own tank.

I was thinking of getting:
1 blue or opaline gourami
5 tiger barbs or 6 cerry barbs
5 black and gold skirt tetras

would they do good with my fish? What else would go good with my fish?

what is an opaline gourami? if it is a neon blue dwarf gourami than that would be great to get!! :thumbs: you could maybe even get that and one flame gourami that is what I have and they are awesome together. And they are both males

Tiger barbs are kinda aggresive so I wouldn't recommend them. But cherry barbs you should probably be ok with :thumbs:

And I can't help ya on the tetra's cuz I know nuthin about them

HTH :thumbs: :D

Opaline gouramis are NOT dwarfs. They are far from it. I have kept gouramis for a long time now. I have found Blue's to be the most aggressive followed closely By Gold and Opaline. They are quite aggressive but they are great fish.

Here is an Opaline
opalgour.jpg

and here is a neon blue dwarf
p_89812.jpg

I have had or still do have all of those fish that you listed and they would make good tankmates. They would also fit nicely into a 29 gallon tank. The only thing i would do is maybe add a Pleco or 2 corys and 2 Ottos. You might also want to think about Zebra Danios. They are VERY active and very cheap. There about 50 cents each. They could be a good addition. Good luck with your tank!

No offense Paradise_Gourami, but how many topics asking the same thing do you need to start??

I've read at least 4 topics where you have asked about getting fish for your new 29 gallon, why not just keep all questions and answers in one place? It would be a lot easier to check up on all advice given that way.

If you want to get more attention to your topic or have more questions, you could always bump it and ask those questions at the same time. If few people answer the first time, why would more people answer later just because you ask the same thing again?

Still, it's of course your decision on how you post, I'm not trying to say anything else. I would've just thought it'd be easier with everything in the same thread.

with the dwarf frog, I don't recommend barbs, even larger tetras can be really nippy. I love gourami mine were peacefull but territorial. Your litle frog will end up being fish food(not good) even without the frog in the scenario the barbs are nippy and very aggressive, so anything slow, small or with pretty fins will be at risk. Thats my opinion anyway. hehehe btw can ya tell I don't like barbs...they killed my male beta and my dwarf frog, and my elephant nose before i took them back to the lfs

Keep your current tank... Start the new tank mfresh...get barbs and and a pleco.. You'll be happy you did!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back