Im A Newbie Here And Want Some Advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jane76

Reaction score
hiya im new to this site and am wantin a little advice really,ive got 2 mickey mouse platys in my tank but have recently noticed that one of them keeps sitting under a bridge ornament that i have in the tank and it'll stay there,just wondering if anyone knows any reason for this as im pretty new to the tropical fish
any help would be most appreciated
thank u all
jane xx

hiya thanks for your reply,yes everything is as it should be,my tank has been running abit and my other fish are swimming around happily enough and my platy was till recently,just wondered if it may be pregnant and ready to give birth or summat,im not sure how to tell male and female,so cant rule it out yet,its a lovely platy it really is

well can you tell us your stats? ammonia,nitrite,nitrate and ph.
how long has it been set up, what is your stocking?
you can sex males and females by the fin that is below their stomachs, males have a tube like fin, where females have a fan shaped fin.

welcome to the forum Jane76. Its a crackin place with an answer to everything ha :good:

in relation to your platy if a fish is listless its usually an indicator that your waters not up to scratch, maybe do a few extra water changes see if that improves her... but test your water first

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back