ardandy
Fish Fanatic
About 3-4 months ago I bought 4 Assasin Snails to take care of my pest snail problem. They certainly did that, I barely see a pest snail now and if I do its never a big one.
Great I thought, job done!
Well apparently the little buggers haven't just been porking their way through my pest snails! They've been going at it like rabbits!
I found the 'Young Assasin' a couple of weeks ago and he's getting a bit bigger now. However, yesterday during my usual water change and clean I saw something.
I was using the vacuum to clean the gravel and something caught my eye that was getting sucked up the tube (nearly!). After digging around I saw this!
The little guy is only about 1.5mm across! He's tiny!
If I hadn't have been watching at the time he'd be down the sink now!
Which leads me to the third one!
I was emptying my External Filter down the sink and after I finished I noticed a spot on the bottom of the stainless steel sink. After gently picking it up I realised what it was!
He's as small as the first!
You can see his big brother nearby. They look bigger in the pics but trust me when I say they're tiny! The gravel I have is medium sized!
I'm ever so proud! after this un-intentional breeding!
This is the tank in general.
Great I thought, job done!
Well apparently the little buggers haven't just been porking their way through my pest snails! They've been going at it like rabbits!
I found the 'Young Assasin' a couple of weeks ago and he's getting a bit bigger now. However, yesterday during my usual water change and clean I saw something.
I was using the vacuum to clean the gravel and something caught my eye that was getting sucked up the tube (nearly!). After digging around I saw this!
The little guy is only about 1.5mm across! He's tiny!
If I hadn't have been watching at the time he'd be down the sink now!
Which leads me to the third one!
I was emptying my External Filter down the sink and after I finished I noticed a spot on the bottom of the stainless steel sink. After gently picking it up I realised what it was!
He's as small as the first!
You can see his big brother nearby. They look bigger in the pics but trust me when I say they're tiny! The gravel I have is medium sized!
I'm ever so proud! after this un-intentional breeding!

This is the tank in general.








