If You Ordered Plants Online, Whats The Longest Distance You Ordered Y

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

anshuman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just ordered aponogens from malaysia and I am now worried will they arrive live? I know the moss will be okay.

So have you ordered plants online from a very long distance and How long was it in the shipment/postal? Did it survive?

At my end, due to custom clearing and all, i am looking at maximum 2 weeks of shipment and Now that i think of it, it will be a miracle if i get live aponogens.

EDIT:

The ebay guy just replied.
==============================
Yes, your plant has been shipped.
We post to India normally take 10 working days.
We 100% live arrival guarantee, if you received DOA please take some clear photo with original packing and send to us, we will do a replacement or full refund for you.
==============================

That seriously calmed me down.

Any plants I buy online (which has been all of them) has only been a few states away (I'm in the US). I buy from aquariumplants.com and can't say enough good things about them. They don't really reply to emails about orders but I think that's because they seem to have a small staff. So I call instead and there's never a problem.

I have my plants delivered next day air and they have always arrived alive, healthy, and overall...much better than expected in terms of plant size.

If packed well then plants can survive a long time.
George Farmer (ex-moderator) ordered some plants which then sat in the garage in a box for 2 weeks until he could plant them.
The key is moisture ;)

oh ya, I have read on his form, he had a plants sitting in box sent by tropica for more than 2 weeks (while he was away for work), and he tried, and they were alive and green to his surprise.

But that was tropica and this is ebay. so i am really at mercy of this guy at ebay. I will update when they arrive here, just in case if i got you guys all curious about my adventure here.

PS: When I pass the postal office for past days, I stop on road and glare with sorrow in my eyes at the postal office doors and windows, I hope they don't get worried by my looks, next time i will make sure i shed a tear or too before taking off.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back