If my brother is mad at me he takes it out on fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Everyone thinks he's older lol! He turns 16 in January.

I was searching for something and came across this thread - I just finished reading the whole thing. Not to rub salt in old wounds, but are things any better for you? What did you decide to do?

Hi Auratus :)

I just wanted to let you know that I've thought of you many times since this thread was written. I do hope the situation with your brother has improved. :nod:

Hi,

I am worried that your brother doesn't know the consequences of his actions. I don't think he knows that you are practically at the point of trully hating him. Instead of loving your brother, with a few exceptions to the rules, he is forcing you to despise him and to wish him pain and agony. I honestly hope, not just for your sake but for his as well, that he will snap out of this "phase" soon because he will be a very lonely and mentally tormented man some day if he doesn't. I hope he realizes that you two could be very close to each other, you are close in age and probably have more in common than you know. You could be actual confidants and friends. The reasons that I can see for him doing this is that he doesn't feel loved himself. He is sad, he is confused and he has no adult male in his life to help him with his feelings and growth. I'm sorry, but I feel bad for him. I of course feel VERY bad for you, but I wanted to bring a different angle to this situation. Maybe, just maybe, try a different approach..........tell him that you love him. Tell him that you wish you could be friends with him and be honest because I am sure this is really how you feel and I'm sure this is really how he feels. Just say it, "I love you brother". Tell him, "You don't have to act like this, I am hurting too." Say, "We could be friends, will you go to the park with me?" ANYTHING, just start talking and talk for real and talk A LOT! :/

Just my opinion,

Silver
:*

Good Luck my friend

Give him a taste of the back of your hand. I nice well planted slap. That'll learn him.

Like I said before - get some piranha and don't feed them for a while. "Don't you dare touch my 'Amazon Silver Peso Fish'!" :sly:

Lol, hey everyone! This post is old!

Well, after the killing of all of my gourami and rams he stopped. He was mad at me and unplugged the whole tank and the temp dropped drastically in just a few hours and all of my rams died. And since I had a ton of filtration to keep the tank clean it got dirty fast once all three filters stopped and the gourami died a few days later. I walked up to him screaming and crying with a net in my hand and said, look what you did!!!! Does this make you happy? Hurting and killing other living things to get at me? They are innocent creatures! If you are made at me hit me or something, don't take it out on the animals! You act just like your father and then I threw the dead fish at him and said here, you killed it you flush it. Look at the poor thing, look, she had eggs! You sick bastard! I also threw in a few bad words. After that he has stoppped!!!!!!!!!!!! He did shake my 26 gallon last week but that is really nothing compaired to what he used to do.

He actually asks me about my bettas every once in a while and loves my paradise fish so he wouldn't hurt them. He was also all freaked that my mollies were going to eat the fry and he actually sounded conserned. He also named my cambodian Bubba because he had big lips and is really sad that he's sick now and wants me to flush him to put him out of his missery. He doesn't get that it's inhumane but at least he doesn't want the fish to suffer.

Thanks for the 96 replies you guys! :rofl:

My bro had major anger management probs when he was younger, so I pulled my parents aside and talked to them. After they (just my parents) went to a counsellor to see if they should temporarily put my bro in a foster home. They decided not to, but he went on meds for 2 or 3 years. After that, he refused to take them anymore. He eventually found some hobbies (videogames and some sword-playing game) and grew out of his anger issues.

You definitely need to talk to an adult you trust. It sounds like your mom isn't very helpful. She's probably got a lot to deal with now, but you need to let her know that your brother's actions are serious. Maybe you guys could all go for counselling?

I guess you posted while I was still writing mine :) Glad to hear that things have pretty much worked out for you. Keep us updated :nod:

Good!!

Maybe your fish can act as a buffer between the two of you now

:grr: :fish: :grr:

maybe the fish that were once the butt of this horrible situation will be the thing that brings you two together!!

Tell him that I am proud of him!

Silver
:*

Hi Auratus :)

I'm glad to hear that the situation between you and your brother has improved. :nod:

Auratus said:
Lol, hey everyone! This post is old!

Well, after the killing of all of my gourami and rams he stopped. He was mad at me and unplugged the whole tank and the temp dropped drastically in just a few hours and all of my rams died. And since I had a ton of filtration to keep the tank clean it got dirty fast once all three filters stopped and the gourami died a few days later. I walked up to him screaming and crying with a net in my hand and said, look what you did!!!! Does this make you happy? Hurting and killing other living things to get at me? They are innocent creatures! If you are made at me hit me or something, don't take it out on the animals! You act just like your father and then I threw the dead fish at him and said here, you killed it you flush it. Look at the poor thing, look, she had eggs! You sick bastard! I also threw in a few bad words. After that he has stoppped!!!!!!!!!!!! He did shake my 26 gallon last week but that is really nothing compaired to what he used to do.

He actually asks me about my bettas every once in a while and loves my paradise fish so he wouldn't hurt them. He was also all freaked that my mollies were going to eat the fry and he actually sounded conserned. He also named my cambodian Bubba because he had big lips and is really sad that he's sick now and wants me to flush him to put him out of his missery. He doesn't get that it's inhumane but at least he doesn't want the fish to suffer.

Thanks for the 96 replies you guys! :rofl:
Wow man that was pretty intense, not a pretty site I am betting. I think it is pretty sad that he had take his anger out on your innocent fish. I am glad you stood up for yourself, and hope that the situation comes to where none of your fish have to suffer from his inmature actions. GL
Trevor

maybe if you purchasesed a small tank, say 20 gal, for him as a present, and took him to the lfs, and let him buy whater fish (in reason) he wanted, maybe then he'd begin to understand that they depend on their owners, and would leave yours alone!!!

Most reactions

Back