if i am going to get a 30 gallon

Hi,

In a tropical aquarium the generally accepted maximum stocking level is about 2" of fish (excluding tail) per gallon. Therefore in a 30 gallon tank you can have about 60" of fish - added over a period of time not all at once. I have gone a lot over this limit in some tanks, but it is best to start with good intentions :)

Guppies - absolute max size 2"
Mollies - absolute max size 4"
Danios - from about 2" (zebra) to 6" (giant)

So you could haver a good number of guppies with your mollie and a shoal of danios.

You can add a lot of different types of community fish to this mix, such as corys (bottom dwellers), hatchet fish (surface dwellers), tetras (middle dwellers), small plecos or otos (for algae), rainbowfish, some types of gouramis, etc.

Probably best to see what you like and then ask whether they will mix in. People would need to know how many existing fish are going in the tank to be able to work out whether you have enough space.

As for the Penguin, we don't get those over here in the UK, but looking on Drs Foster & Smith it seems to be a reasonable looking H.O.B. filter. hopefully some with some experience of these will post a response.

HTH, Eddie

>>> generally accepted maximum stocking level is about 2" of fish (excluding tail) per gallon

Where did you see that Eddie? The "generally accepted rule" is 1" of fish per gallon, and that is not a rule, in the absence of anything better, it is a guideline as to the maximum possible.

i think then you should move the puffers to the 10 and then you could maybe get some bumblebee gobies or more puffers. Then use the 5 gal for a hospital/baby fish tank

HTH :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back