strangeworld2002
Fish Crazy
Hi,
I currently have 2 tanks setup, 1 is a 240 litre and 1 a 180 litre. Now like most people I love big fish and especially cichlids (American more than African). The trouble I have is getting my tanks equipment & decor to be exactly as I want.
I was wondering if you were setting up a SA/CA Cichlid only tank or a tank to include some SA/CA Cichlids what sort of decor would you put in? I'm not a lover of real plants as these get destroyed but I find my fish get very scared unless I have real plants in the tank. I have tried to arrange bogwood/driftwood to provide shelter but they still seem scared.
What about the base is it best going with sand or pea sized gravel or smaller.
I find that as soon as I setup a tank and add the fish and put all the decor in I get fed up really quick and want to change it, trouble is I don't want to disturb the fish and I would rather start from scratch, the fish don't seem happy unless the decor is to their liking. I notice most tank pictures on here the fish are really chilled but the environment is very open not providing the fish with much shelter.
Any advice would be fandabbies.
I currently have 2 tanks setup, 1 is a 240 litre and 1 a 180 litre. Now like most people I love big fish and especially cichlids (American more than African). The trouble I have is getting my tanks equipment & decor to be exactly as I want.
I was wondering if you were setting up a SA/CA Cichlid only tank or a tank to include some SA/CA Cichlids what sort of decor would you put in? I'm not a lover of real plants as these get destroyed but I find my fish get very scared unless I have real plants in the tank. I have tried to arrange bogwood/driftwood to provide shelter but they still seem scared.
What about the base is it best going with sand or pea sized gravel or smaller.
I find that as soon as I setup a tank and add the fish and put all the decor in I get fed up really quick and want to change it, trouble is I don't want to disturb the fish and I would rather start from scratch, the fish don't seem happy unless the decor is to their liking. I notice most tank pictures on here the fish are really chilled but the environment is very open not providing the fish with much shelter.
Any advice would be fandabbies.







