Ideal Guppy Setup

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lizi_angelfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi!

Considering getting some guppies when my 15gal tank is cycled.
I am wondering what kind of number of guppies would be suitable - 6 maybe? I had a look at the guppy profile that William did but it didn't mention how big a group they like to be in? If they prefer to be in smaller groups that's fine, I can always get some endlers or rasboras as well but (hope to get maybe some Pygmy cories too).

As for the female/male ratio - it would be easier if I could get just one sex so that I don't have to regime fry when it doesn't fit in the tank! But the males are territorial right?

Thanks for reading!

P.s. I am aware that guppies and endlers shouldnt be kept together for the breeding risk, but is this because it is too difficult to distinguish sex of endlers reliably?

You can distinguish the sex of guppies and endlers in the same way. People just don't generally recommend creating hybrids.

I keep male only and female only tanks. Either one in same sex groups does just fine... though they do behave differently. I find my females explore the tank more, whereas males are forever chasing and displaying for each other (they do this regardless if there are females with them or not).

Guppies do fine in small or large groups.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back