Ich - treat or not.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ian R

Reaction score
Hey,
i've noticed one or two small white spots on a couple of my fish, 1 neon tetra and 1 molly. The rest of them are fine. I'm just wondering if its wise at this stage to just let their immune system fight it off (is this possible) or to try and treat with medicine??

It doesnt seem to be a huge outbreak (only 2 spots i can see so far) or anything and probably attributed to me reaaranging some the tank yesterday? Would it be best to just leave it and only treat if it gets worse?
Cheers for any advice
Ian

I think with ick it has to be treated. I have got it just now in my biggest tank, although not too many white spots on too many fish but I will be treating the whole tank for the 3 week lifecycle and I have raised the temp up to 82.

Treat it ASAP!!

And keep treating for 1-2 weeks after all visible signs have gone to make sure.

Increase the tank temp to 30C and aerate the water constantly to compensate :thumbs:

Intrepet's White Spot Plus is very good...

my fish have had ich twice, first time i had no idea as my freind gave me her tank and the fish had it so 3 survived out of 6 :(

About 4 months later when i started my tropical tank i bought 5 clown barbs and they came with ick :sick: they only had a couple of spots each so i placed them in a hostpital tank and treated them with interpet whitespot for about 3 wks.

It has been about 7 months now without that horrible diasease :crazy:

Treat it asap otherwise it gets out of control

your better off treating it with medicine, and molly's are carriers of the disease.

Griffith420 said:
your better off treating it with medicine, and molly's are carriers of the disease.
Mollies are "carriers"??!! Where did you find that out? I have heard a few different views, including that it is always present and only attacks when fish are weak. But, I have never heard of a particular fish being carriers.

I have mild ick now and my mollies don't have any spots, is this why (I have other fish with no spots too)?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back