I Was Cleaning Out My External Filter Yesterday And...

Trust me, I don't need telling what will and wont fit into my tank. I'm not in the habit of buying silly fish lol. No offence, I'm sure you're just trying to be helpful.

And pretty much all of the L008's I've seen grow to a very max of 4"
L260's more like 5" hence why I chose L008 over a queen arabesque
L104's more likely 4" than 5.

Could I ask where you're getting your numbers from? I'm not trying to be funny about it, just interested.

Also, I have a very heavily planted tank and a huge canister filter. I have to supplement nitrates with fertiliser as if I don't by the end of the week when it comes to the weekly water change my nitrates are at 7ppm.
 
My point was that at the mo I actually need to seriously supplement nitrogen to keep my plants happy, so that side of things isn't going to be a problem with only a single L008

Planet catfish quotes 3.1" which I know is only a guidline, and alot of the ones I've seen are more like 4", but never really seen any exceeding that.

Eitherways, there is no definite plan to get a pleco, I was just saying that IF I were to get one, that is the one I'd get and that I've fully researched into it. It's not that I'd be deciding on a whim. :)

And I do genuinely appreciate the thoughts, it's nice seeing people 'caring'.
 
ive under estimated you haven't i lol its good to finally see someone who does actually do some research lol and planet catfish in some things isn't that reliable in my oppinian
 
I'd like to think so :P , except you didn't completely look over my head and answer all my questions to my father/boyfriend :grr:
Sheffield Aquatics...ooo the names I could call the guys that work there. Wouldn't even look me in the eye.

It's like errr yeah I'm sorry I'm not a 40 y/o man...but does that mean I know nothing about the fish I want to keep? According to them it does.
 
lol the same happens with my gf lol but i didn't mean it in a sexest or age way just going on what a few people are like on here sorry for that lol
 
What an odd way to display sizes... Nevermind eh.

And tell your gf I feel for her. I have since switched to Fish Inc, bit of a trek from me but they're so much nicer and alot more ethical. :)
Plus I'd go in just to look at the puffer fish :wub:
 
They measure 'standard length' - nose to base of caudal fin and 'total length' - nose to tip of tail.

I suspect it is because some have long tail extensions LOL

I reckon a nice looking plec would finish your tnak nicely.
 
ive never been there but a trip is soon in order lol i keep meaning to go , i had a 4" mbu on order but now i cant afford it and my lfs has allready got it in he said he would keep it for a month for me though
 
Oh you really do need to visit next time you're after fish. The puffer they have is gorgeous. I can't remember it's name :blush:
But it's freshwater, at least 1ft in length and a pinkish/yellow colour.
My boyfriend is very un-fishy and even he said we can have a ridiculous sized tank in the future so we can keep one. Hehe!
 
Well now I really am jealous!
It was an absolute stunner, if I ever have room and money for one I'm definitely getting one in the future.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top