I Was Cleaning Out My External Filter Yesterday And...

Curiosity101

Is now at University! :D
Joined
Mar 26, 2009
Messages
5,527
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
Uk, Nottinghamshire
3 Healthy and fully intact baby apple snails. God knows how they got in there, or at what size. But at some point they clearly did.

Just thought I'd say how amazed I was! :)
 
Hardy little beggars! Maybe they're just adrenaline junkies (*memories of the turtles in Nemo...RIGHTEOUUUUS* *yelling as sucked up through the filter*)

Man, I need more work to do at work :P
 
Lol, I'm in the same boat as you. Our servers went down (we're an IT support company, ironic or what!) and all of my work is based on files on the server. So I actually basically have nothing to do. :D
 
So who fixes your servers? Tell me you don't get in external help... :)

I also have almost nothing to do in my current job (generally). I start at 8 and I'm pretty much done for the day before 8.45. My post count on here has skyrocketed :D
 
Oh no, our technicians will fix it. It's just my boss has alot of info in his head (which is meant to be in spreadsheets!), and has also decided not to answer his mobile. So what can they do....not alot really.

I work really hard when I have stuff to do. But for some reason lately I've not been given anything much, I need more web projects to keep me ticking over. Oh, and servers that are up and accessible so I can actually do some work.
I even offered to deliver a laptop to another company on the same industrial estate. (I'd be walking as opposed to driving, just to give me something to do that's constructive.) Apparently we need my bosses in-put on the laptop before that can go back as well though. :rolleyes:

So I am here, 100% guilt free :D
 
ive found snails in my filters too they must get in when they are still tiny and like it soooo much they just stay lol plenty of food for them in there i guess lol

are you on sheaf valley aquarist society (svas) thats pretty good mate i am a member and there is alot of helpfull stuff on there
 
I'm on n off sheaf valley. I did notice your name pop up on a few posts. But I only really use it if I'm looking to buy/sell something.
Although I've been debating going to the next fish auction, just to see what it's like.
 
thats what im mainly on but im good mates with pikeman (phill) he gets shipments from peru alot and he does cheap frozen and dry foods too. Imight be going to a meeting tonight don't know yet, ive not been to an auction yet, they are meant to be quite good or so ive been told
 
I know the one you mean, they've got some guest speaker, what is the guest speaker coming to talk about?

I don't really know anyone fishy on SVAS *shrug*, what sorts of shipments does he get?
 
he has just had a laod of catfish this time all different plecos and twigg catfish only a tenner i will find the list he emailed me copy and paste it in a pm fo you if you want its got all the foods on there too
 
Yeah definitely, if you don't mind ofc.

I'm still deciding whether I want a pleco or not. I probably wont as it might make my tank look a bit bottom heavy.
What do you think? (stocking is in sig)
 
Oh no he has Leopard peckoltia's in! (This was the one I finally settled on if I was going to get one)
Must resist the urge...

Food prices look fantastic.
Yesterday I bought...
King British Algae Wafers
King British Tropical Food Mix
Nutrafin Max Cichlid Sinking Granules

Grand total £15 :crazy:
 
i dont know i think it would look ok but remember alot of plecos get big ive got 3 commons 12"/13"/6" and a l191 dull eyed royal plec @ 6" they all get to around 2ft ish oh and ive got male and female bristlenose plecs they are fully grown @ 5/6" just do a bit of research before you get the one you want, is there any other fish that take your fancy as ive got quite alot lol like kribs jewel cichlids (1"fry) or do you know anyone who would like some of these cheap

yeah he is really cheap for food and its all good stuff too, i like them leopards too ive been toying with the idea lol
 
Well I already shortlisted the plecos which were suitable.

L008
L260
L104

And probably in that order of preference.

As for other fish, not so much. My 125 is pretty much stocked and since I'm off to uni in September I can't be going and setting up anymore tanks. I'm Sooooo tempted to set my new Aqua-40(27l) up at uni. I already asked if I can have it set-up with shrimp and I got what was basically an automatic response 'Cannot accept any pets of any kind'. But...well we'll see. :shifty:
 
well the L008 only seem to get upto 5"

L260 get to about the same size

L104 about 4/5"

so they will all (just one) not be too bad for your tank as they do keep themselfes to themselfes and hide alot anyway its just all plecs seem to be poop machines but saying that all mine aren't to bad at all
 

Most reactions

Back
Top