I Want Something Weird.

Liam50

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 25, 2008
Messages
1,001
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Rye, East Sussex
as you can see from my sig i have a 90gal, first off do you think i could stock anything else? and another thing i want something kinda weird i thought about a birchir but i'm shying away from more bottom feeders. is their anything kinda weird that hang out more in middle to top? also do you think i could house a birchir? thanks.
 
Not sure about the current stocking coz I have no idea how messy those fish are. All I can spot is the 2 Tiger barbs... did you originally have more and are you waiting for them to die off now rather than upping their numbers? Reason I ask is for a tank that big with larger fish inside the barbs would be better off in larger numbers.

If your waiting for them to die off (i.e. you had a group of them and these are the only ones left) then you could retire them to someone elses tank (or LFS) which would give you a tiny bit more space to play with.

Is the tank covered? Some surface dwellers like to jump.
 
Not sure about the current stocking coz I have no idea how messy those fish are. All I can spot is the 2 Tiger barbs... did you originally have more and are you waiting for them to die off now rather than upping their numbers? Reason I ask is for a tank that big with larger fish inside the barbs would be better off in larger numbers.

If your waiting for them to die off (i.e. you had a group of them and these are the only ones left) then you could retire them to someone elses tank (or LFS) which would give you a tiny bit more space to play with.

Is the tank covered? Some surface dwellers like to jump.

i know i should be shot for this but, my first ever fish tank was two gallons and i had those two tiger barbs in it, and been upgrading them ever since, i did think about getting more but my two seem pretty happy as they are now full grown, and i can tell them apart which is nice. and yes i do cover my fish tank.
 
No shooting. You are obviously keeping them happy if they're still around.

Okay - so it's covered. I was thinking along the lines of butterfly fish - but I think they're too small and would be eaten.

There may be an eel type fish that could be a middle fish for you. They tend to live at the bottom but they wrap around in branches etc and bask at branch level looking for food so if you have a branch it would live around that.

Anyone know anything suitable?
 
How about a blue shark catfish.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/speci...?species_id=339

We had one at my LF that thing is weird but cool. I have never seen anything like it before. You would need to set up the tank mainly for him. Lots of water current no other fish he could take a bit out of. The one at my LF is still there.


You have too many bottom feeders to add another large one IMO. I like the idea of a butterfly they get 3" and are bulky I don't think your severum would eat it. A black Knife fish but you might not have room. The babywhale fish they are weird or Elephant nose both can be a bit tricky to keep and really need live food. I am not sure how they would work with your stocking. I'm just throwing out fish I know are strange you would have to research them to see what would would fit. The upside down catfish is a fun one. Hillstream loach but I don't think your tank i set up for them.

Try asking this is the Oddball section.
 
what substarte do you have ?

i have some horseface loaches in mine but they need sand

they are quite active in the evening
 
Maybe a black ghost knife but id be a bit careful on stocking since they dont agree with bad messy water so go easy on the tank stocking i had 3 but had to rehome one and the other 2 died, wait until u hear this, they can swim upside down & backwards
 
hoplo catfish :shout:


they go anywere in the tank mainly the bottom


you could try those ones that float at the top dunno what they are called i'm sure they have them at totton



or umm sailfin is quite ummm odd

snakehead things :blink:



or go for a crustation there crazy



elephant nose and knifefish but there difficult to feed



wierder fish are marine to be honest
 
I have those errr snakehead thingy's as big0 kindly put it, also have a rope eel and a hoplo catfish and a senegal birchir also pictus catfish they all make great addition's, but usure how they will go with your smaller fishe's, not sure on your size's, my smallest fish in that tank is a male krib :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top