I Want An Axolotl!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Your doing good james and dont let them tell you otherwise 2 foot is fine for 2 axololts actualy and i have been keeping and breeding them since i was 13

ok i was unable to get the sand as it was out of stock :angry: so i would like to get my filter cycling. Do you guys think that i should fill the tank up and start cycling? then add the sand later?

cool, i will look if i get the chance. They're getting some in on monday so its not so bad lol

well i decided to go ahead and start the cycle. Here is a pic of the tank without sand.(or plants)

P1010069.jpg

I dont know much, but a person at my LFS told someone that if you leave them without water their gills close up and they become a lizard and can not be returned to water. I assumed it was B.S. When the owner was somewhere else i told the people not to buy it because he was making it up.

They can get 12", they need the same tank setup as goldfish, thats about all i know sorry

This information is not as BS as you think, however it's not about axolotls, it's about Waterdogs, if left with low or no water they become a Salamander.

So they still need water? The person said they turn into a lizard and can to into the water. Could i just put one in a tank with no water then?

can anyone actually see the pic?
all i got is a white box with a red cross in it :huh:

edit: it seems to be ok now

I dont know much, but a person at my LFS told someone that if you leave them without water their gills close up and they become a lizard and can not be returned to water. I assumed it was B.S. When the owner was somewhere else i told the people not to buy it because he was making it up.

They can get 12", they need the same tank setup as goldfish, thats about all i know sorry

This information is not as BS as you think, however it's not about axolotls, it's about Waterdogs, if left with low or no water they become a Salamander.

So they still need water? The person said they turn into a lizard and can to into the water. Could i just put one in a tank with no water then?

NO!

They can change to survive out of water but it puts a great deal of stress on them which may well kill them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back