I think my cycle broke....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Havent tested... Trying to conserve on tests... Especially ammonia. I can though... I know my nitrites and ammonia have to be 0 by now but I'll test nitrates
Dose tomorrow...what are your readings today?

@Slaphppy7, at 5pm I added (by accident) 3ppm of ammonia... I completely forgot about only doing 2ppm... Is this ok?

@Slaphppy7 So I forgot to test yesterday at 5pm but thats ok cause the the results this morning at 10:40 were 0.25ppm ammonia and 5ppm+ Nitrites... Should I wait for everything to go down to 0 or add more ammonia?
0105221052.jpg

No, wait for nitrite to drop. If you add too much ammonia you'll make so much nitrite that the cycle stalls.
Ok! thanks! Next time should I just try 2ppm of ammonia?

This is today's results... I added 3ppm of ammonia on Tuesday around 12:45PM and tested on Wednesday around 7:30PM. Those results were the ones I wrote about... Now I'm going to wait for my nitrites to drop to 0 and then add 3ppm again... Basically I'm going to redo the last bit of the cycle
View attachment 149720
Pretty colors!

So, I was closlry examining the tank, playing hide and seek with my "buddy" and so him hiding on the back of a rock... I grabbed supplies, took off the lid and he was gone... So I then found a dead snail and took that out but then... Then... The heavens opened... This little bugger went inside a rock with the opening facing me... I said to myself "Oh yah... You're mine". So I grabbed tweezers and stabbed inside of that rock more than 10 times and it didnt come out... So I was like: "Dang, he's a stubborn son of a bug". And then out of no where I thought about the turkey baster and then insterted it into the rock a bit and started pumping. Then FFFT he got sucked right up with a broken back. Heh, no wonder why he couldnt get out.
You may ask: "Do you feel bad for killing it" and my answer would be: "Absolutely not"
View attachment 150171
What is that? He looks like a slug

What is that? He looks like a slug
No, if you look up "damselfly nymph" up on google or another search engine and go to images... You will see. He looks like a slug in that photo cause he was a little squished from the tweezers.

So yesterday I entrusted my mom to add 2ppm ammonia to the tank while I left with my dad to a wood working class... Seems to be 0-0.25 ammonia and 5ppm+ nitrites...
0107221720.jpg

If it were my tank , I would do a very large water change to bring nitrites down as nitrites that high can stall the cycle. Then bring ammonia up to 2 ppm and test in a day.
It worked for me when my cycle stalled.

If it were my tank , I would do a very large water change to bring nitrites down as nitrites that high can stall the cycle. Then bring ammonia up to 2 ppm and test in a day.
It worked for me when my cycle stalled.
Ok! Thanks! I'll do that tomorrow

So as you saw in my other thread, I did that water change. Yesterday (sunday), I added 2ppm ammonia at around 12-1pm (sorry! I forgot the time I added it!) and now today at around 12:30, I tested... The results were, 0.25-0.50 Ammonia and 5ppm+ nitrites

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back