I Think My Aeneus Are Cheating

:dunno:

Of course that doesn't explain the water crash. :/ Immune system might get weaker with age--perhaps, but infection is infection.

I was just thinking that may be why the others are looking better today, but he isn't. I thought he may be slower in healing because of his age.

I guess noone is going to come talk to me tonight. It is almost 11:00pm. Someone is usually here by now.
I guess I will go sort rocks. I am sorting the multi colored gravel into single colors one piece at a time. I have about 30 more pounds to go. :hyper:
I can't believe I ever mixed them! :blush: :S

Sorry, I missed you. I am cleaning out a 25 usg Eclipse tank and setting it up for a Badis badis and queen loach tank. I am also looking at 30-40 usg 30" tanks. Yes your cory could be slower to heal due to age. I'm glad to hear the tank is perking up, What are you doing to help his sores heal? Do you have the Mela/PimaFixs?

I figured to swap him to melafix and pima fix tomarrow. I don't see anything moveing any more. I wanted to know if 4 days on clout is long enough to be safe? I am putting stress coat in with clout for now. I thought it might help some. I just don't want to stop the clout too soon. It doesn't say how long to give it. Do you know? He is swimming some today, but his color has faded even more. He has a few more read streaks too.

I have never used Clout. It is the very strongest in that line. I think there are 3 strengths in the Aquarium Products line: Aquari-Sol, Quick Cure, and Clout. QuiCK Cure clears ick up in a few days: about three, I think. (I just saw the instruction card someplace. Don't know why they put it on the packaging card. I've been holding onto it for going on 2 years and only needed to use it once. :X I use Aquari-Sol immediately as a preventative, if I have any suspicions.) So Clout should work pretty fast. There is probably an 800 #.

Can the Cory be moved? Some slime coat replacements can be over used. It is alleged that over use can cause problems for the fish by coating them too much. I would PM Inchworm about the Cory. She is the undisputed authority on Cories. Try to just use the additives according to directions. Over use can create new problems.

How are your water stats now?

You are absolutely right, Barracuda! It was suppose to be a funny, chatty thread. But along the way it has wandered far astray from the original posted subject. Every once in a while it glances at the "strumpet" cories in our tanks. But it has become a stopping off place it seems for various comments and chats. We have tried to make it friendly, so sometimes it loses it's comic air, and stops to deal with more private issues. It is really I suppose a mini chat room.

But there are some comic episodes! :D

I have tried to keep my hands off and let members take it where they want. I keep thinking it will get too long and dwindle, but it just keeps stolling along. Maybe people skip the parts that don't interest them. :dunno:

My stats are:
temp 75
nitrite 0
nitrate 20
gh 70
kh 60
ph 7
The tank seems to be back to normal. It was good last night too. I just don't know what to do about him.
Now I am getting another problem in the other tank. My grey mollies gills are getting really dark.

I will be back on later tonight. I have to go pick up my husband from work. He is starting his vacation so he is leaving the company truck there.

By the way I get to go to a real pet shop in the morning!!! That don't happen often. :D :hyper: :D

Looks good!

Why not post a thread about the cory here asking for advice. I think I remember you can't get a pic of the cory?

I went and got the camera while I was out. Now I have to read the book and learn how to use it. I also have to get the program loaded on my computer so I can get the pics on it. Then I have to figure how to get them over to here.
The problem may be over by the time I get all that done. :lol:
We have to be in Monroe in the morning so I get to go to the pet shop. I am getting some of the meds and water conditioner while I am there if they have them. I wish mine were well so I could get some fish. I only get to go there about twice a year. :sad:
Maybe I will talk him into another trip when mine get better :shifty:
For now I have to make a list of what I need. Then I will work on the rest later.

I did an up date on my other post so maybe someone will get back to me tonight. Then I will know what to get while I am somewhere that has it.

I sooo wish I could get some fish! :-(

I know I am going to see alot of fish that want for my tank. I wish I could just get a few.
These fish need to get better soon. This is killing me. :crazy:

uh oh MTS

How would you cycle it? Do you have a healthy tank? Probably need a hospital/quarantine tank though.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back