I Think I Have Come Up With My Tank Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

funny...Ive never seen RGs in a group before. I had one...I liked his colors but after a while his ugly face just annoyed me heh. I think tangs would do better in a group of 4, and like was stated, only if introduced together. Everytime I read one of lyndens posts it makes me want a damned trigger more and more hah...Im going to have to leave this forum before I go out and blow all my dough on a new 100gal for a trigger tank.

Shibby... i never thought of putting netting over the top of the tank !!. Its strong, easy to attach and remove, wouldnt do damage to fish, im going to do that now :hyper: . And yes it does sound like a film to me too, never noticed it untill now though :fun: .

STD... i will look into getting 3-4 yellow tangs then, i mean the tank is a big one so they will have some space to get away from each other if they want to.

I think i am going to have to ask for your ideas on what to put into the tank.
I would like full stock lists please. I would like a sort of reef community or tangs, wrasse and well whatever :) all ideas welcome.

I am soo exited to get the tank up and running !!!! :lol:

right just a few sugestions from me

pinktail trigger .... i could say crosshatch but they cost a bomb !

orange shoulder tang

kole tang

filamented flasher wrasse

6line wrasse

orchid dottyback

bangai cardinals, get a pair if possibly !

midas blenny

2x saddleback clowns

labouti fairy wrasse

just a a few to ponder. this is helping with my stocking ideas for around 400 litres as well :D

take a look at a regal angel as well and see if its worth a risk in the tank !

I'd add a group of yellow tangs, atleast 2 bangaii cardinals. a school of 7 chromis and maybe an angel of some kind?

w/e happened with ski's idea of the spotted rabbitfish. man those guys are sweet lookin. forget all the tangs had one of those.
ever thought of an achille's tang? i believe they are reef safe as long as fed well

dawhits... i like that stocking, sounds quite good, if i did that i would probably add 2-3 clowns and a wrasse, probably leave the angel.

hubbard_shark... im not too keen on the spotted rabbitfish, a rabbitfish i do like though is the foxface. I jus googled achille's tang, THEY LOOK WAY COOL ! I might consider one of them.

I jus googled achille's tang, THEY LOOK WAY COOL ! I might consider one of them.
They look cool but paying big bucks for them and having them suffer and die isn't very cool. If I were you I'd stick to a fish better adapted to aquaria, such as a mimic tang (or a TRIGGER!).

dawhits... i like that stocking, sounds quite good, if i did that i would probably add 2-3 clowns and a wrasse, probably leave the angel.

hubbard_shark... im not too keen on the spotted rabbitfish, a rabbitfish i do like though is the foxface. I jus googled achille's tang, THEY LOOK WAY COOL ! I might consider one of them.

As Lydnen says avoid the Achilles - they are very hard to keep alive

As to Rabbitfish they are easy but grow very fast and get big

Most reactions

trending

Back