I Swear My Fishless Cycle Is Taking Ages..

Declan

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
482
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Milton Keynes
Hi,

I added the correct amount of pure ammonia to my 27L Aqua 40, must be best part of two weeks, if not slightly over now, and it is only just coming down to about 0.25ppm now.

I didnt realise that the cycle had already started, with me doing, wait for it, absolutely nothing! It had about 3ppm, and then I added 5ppm, taking it to approx. 8ppm, so I think I may have stalled it, but still, 2 weeks? Is that not a really long time?

Any help welcome, thanks,

D.
 
My record for the longest time was 8 weeks for my little 34 ltr. I think smaller tanks are harder to cycle than larger ones. Yours sounds ok so far but really, 4-6ppm is as high as you need to go with the ammonia
 
I'm nearly there on my 300L tank, (see my sig), and I'm at 47 days, so no, 2 weeks isn't a long time, in fact I think that was around when I saw my ammonia levels starting to drop away and then having to be replaced every day, so it would seems your is moving now :) :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top