I Suppose I'll Take Advantage Of This Section

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Opcn

Big fish
Reaction score
Okay, so I wanted a tank for my dorm room, and I wanted salt water, I figure the nanoCube by jbj was compact and small enought and as a result it would be perfect, so I bought one and set it right next to my computer on the desk :crazy: but Pictures will soon follow and I'll explain my setup process.

Okay, retroactive installemnt, When I first bought the cube I was uber anxious to get fish into it, and I didn't expect to be able to do SW very soon so I went with FW, although I still used argonite, the result was a solid blue cube, its looked so intencely cool, it was swirling slightly and the 50/50's or the moonlights just made it seem like a light source itself.

(just realised that I'll have to figure out my photobucket password to put pictures up here) I'll edit them in later

And Bunji, I know that its risky, I close my comps lid and have it sitting sortof in a shallow drawer so that if it springs a leak it won't be like dipping my comp in salt water. Still a problem I need to fix however.

Alright, I have a big post in the works, acctually putting it together in microsoft word, but I'll sumarise then edit it in later.

I added salt and got three hermits and three astrea snails, then I added liverock from liveaquaria and let it run, I am cycle curing under full light 10-14 hours a day (I know its not recomended) but after diatoms started to take over I tossed in a hunk of cheato, after 5 days the hunk of cheato is easily 12 times the size it was when I first added it, I took some back to the fellow reefaddict who I got it from and he was astonished that the whole thing had gotten to that size, apon looking into my tank I realise that I gave him maybe a quarter of what I have. As a result nitrates are at zero, nitrites are too, however my amonia is climbing, I wish I had some biospira but the LKFS owner here is really oldschool, hates all bristle worms, he still installs SW UGFS with airpowered lift tubes, who does that? anyways I've got pods out the wazoo litterally 300 copapods on the glass alone I have various macro algeas growning out of the rocks and I am considering taking almost all of my cheato to the lfs to make more room for the different species of macro algea. I've had some good coraline spread, especially with the dark purple and red varieties, no articulated though. Unfortunately a nearly flourescent green coraline seems to have died back considerably, I added a tiny zoo frag (4 polyps) and one of my hermits knocked it down to the very bottom of the tank and its right under a huge piece of LR and I cannot get to it to pull it out.

Alright, thats all for now.

OK Opcn...where's the digital cam? It's like part of the marine setup..tank, powerheads, skimmer, test kits, DIGITAL CAM. lol SH

Those darn hermit crabs! I've had trouble with mine trampling all over stuff lately too ;)

I let it go with some friends to portland for the week, I havent got pics of th cheato or the pods but I have pics of the diatom bloom.

Update, I got most of my cleanup crew today and a few of my inhabitants, the Yasha Haze goby looked really stressed and overnight he hid well or died in a well hidden spot, the pistol shrimp died overnight, of the four astrea snails only one looks good, they didn't get me cerith snails like I had put on the order but they gave me 1 extra nerite snail and 3 extra dwarf hermits, oh and one of the astrea top crown snails was an extra too. But I'm still really bumed that I paid shipping on those two big items and they did so poorly. Oh that and I ordered 85-100 tiny shrimp (for me and a friend and the LFS) and they only gave me 25 so thats more than 2/3rds and the pack was 29.99 so thats more than 20 bucks worth plus the 60 dollar goby and the 20 dollar shrimp, 4 dollar snail, thats a total of 104 dollars, That bytes for me, I'll tell ya who it is if they don't fix the problem, although I'm sure some of you know.

Oh, that sucks. Good luck getting the situation remedied!

I hope they honour your payment by sending you some more. Goodluck. Can you say who it was?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back