I QUIT!!!

Good for you man! , you are the 3rd person I have got to help quit smoking by recommending these.

I have seen them at our local smoke shop, but never knew what they were. Thanks!

Altoids have been my friend as well. I love those things!

Better than expected. I started to feel a bit like a word I'm probably not allowed to say on here and I don't want to act like that word around my kiddos, so I picked up a pack of those Zyn dealios that were recommended by @JBAwrench . That took the edge off, but holy cow those first few minutes burn! I've used nicotine gum before when on a very long flight and it burned as well. It mellowed out after a few minutes.

I've been doing all sorts of little random tasks to keep busy from playing guitar to lifting weights to cleaning out our shed to wiping the tanks down excessively and even sitting on the floor for an hour deconstructing a couple plastic ornamental grass bundles from a craft store I found in the shed to make "faux valisneria" for one of the tanks. I probably looked like a druggy doing that one.

Thanks for all the support! Anyone else want to join me on my quest for a cleaner lifestyle?

View attachment 112310
Better than expected. I started to feel a bit like a word I'm probably not allowed to say on here and I don't want to act like that word around my kiddos, so I picked up a pack of those Zyn dealios that were recommended by @JBAwrench . That took the edge off, but holy cow those first few minutes burn! I've used nicotine gum before when on a very long flight and it burned as well. It mellowed out after a few minutes.

I've been doing all sorts of little random tasks to keep busy from playing guitar to lifting weights to cleaning out our shed to wiping the tanks down excessively and even sitting on the floor for an hour deconstructing a couple plastic ornamental grass bundles from a craft store I found in the shed to make "faux valisneria" for one of the tanks. I probably looked like a druggy doing that one.

Thanks for all the support! Anyone else want to join me on my quest for a cleaner lifestyle?

View attachment 112310
Smoking is a habit so try this ; when you got up assuming you had a smoke then and coffee you set in the same chair at the table. Set in a different chair and have tea. During the day you smoked in a certain place change place,go for a short walk. Any time you smoked you were doing the same thing or in the same place. This will help you break the chain/habit. Be aware of what you are doing and where your at when the urge hits. Each day gets better, oh yes drink LOTS OF WATER.

:flushem: @Flushable Pets The name, Flushable Pets, is all well and good as long as you dont flush live fish you no longer want. :flushem:

Umm, what? I think you're reading a bit too deeply into things. I simply have a unique sense of humor and my name in no way implies that I would, nor would I condone, the flushing of a live animal.

Umm, what? I think you're reading a bit too deeply into things. I simply have a unique sense of humor and my name in no way implies that I would, nor would I condone, the flushing of a live animal.
I didn't think you would....I left out the JK in my post..my bad.:lol:

Smoking is a habit so try this ; when you got up assuming you had a smoke then and coffee you set in the same chair at the table. Set in a different chair and have tea. During the day you smoked in a certain place change place,go for a short walk. Any time you smoked you were doing the same thing or in the same place. This will help you break the chain/habit. Be aware of what you are doing and where your at when the urge hits. Each day gets better, oh yes drink LOTS OF WATER.

I have definitely had to alter my daily routine. Driving is probably my worst time for smoking. I have yet to go anywhere farther than a couple miles, but I'm feeling good. Cravings are in check and I know I've got this.

Check on the water. Other than splitting a pot of coffee each morning with Mrs. Flushable Pets and maybe 1 kombucha a week, all I drink is water. Lots of it, too. My blood pressure pill makes me thirsty 24/7, so I dominate a gallon or more a day.

We all should be drinking that much water a day, we usually just don’t. Good for you for drinking that much water! :)

It helps that I despise pop and sugary type drinks. A glass of real OJ ain't bad on occasion or a mint tea with honey when I'm sick.

Yeah, I'm no fun. I don't drink anymore, I never touch drugs and I'm giving up smoking. I don't even get in the mosh pit at a Slipknot concert. I'm a real stick in the mud. :banana:

I want to eat healthier, not drink sodas, and spend less time in front of a screen, and more time exercising and working.
I'm with you on that!

I remember my dad quit smoking. He was one who quit cold turkey and never looked back, but I know that doesn't work for everyone. Hang in there, @Flushable Pets--Your determination is the key to your success!

It helps that I despise pop and sugary type drinks. A glass of real OJ ain't bad on occasion or a mint tea with honey when I'm sick.

Yeah, I'm no fun. I don't drink anymore, I never touch drugs and I'm giving up smoking. I don't even get in the mosh pit at a Slipknot concert. I'm a real stick in the mud. :banana:
Oh yes, I love OJ. The only problem is; juice for breakfast only is the rule in my house. :/

I would love to drink it a few times a day, especially because it’s so good for you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back