I need to move my fish ASAP. Emergency bin?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
So my filter clogged and water started flooding my room for I don’t know how many hours. My floors are ruined and I need to move my stand to reach the worst of the water, but to do that I need to get my fish into a temporary container. My main container I found is a plastic tub that I have used to mix concrete a couple months ago and I need to know if I can put my fish in there for if any concrete particles will hurt them or my new filter when I put the water back in the tank

Attachments

• 79E073A5-D98B-4525-87E9-49DDE2E23CDA.jpeg
    79E073A5-D98B-4525-87E9-49DDE2E23CDA.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 38
So my filter clogged and water started flooding my room for I don’t know how many hours. My floors are ruined and I need to move my stand to reach the worst of the water, but to do that I need to get my fish into a temporary container. My main container I found is a plastic tub that I have used to mix concrete a couple months ago and I need to know if I can put my fish in there for if any concrete particles will hurt them or my new filter when I put the water back in the tank
I would say it's fine, but a different container would probably be better.

Sorry about your mishap . Just curious, what brand filter caused the flooding?

My sister found a couple better containers while I was draining one of the tanks 😊two are on the stand.

The filter is an aquaclear 30. A lot of algae I hadn’t seen accumulated in the filter that’s that’s what clogged it. So I’m gonna take this opportunity to deep clean the tank AND the filters.

I’m also moving the tank so it gets less sunlight and therefore less algae.

And I really wish I could tell my fish that “mommy loves you and is doing this for a good reason NOW GET IN THE NETTTT”

Also I hadn’t realized how many fry I had 💀

Currently waiting for the tanks to drain 💀

It’s faster with a siphon bit hooooo boy it’s still very slow

Aquaclear filters are known to have that issue where they can overflow if the media is clogged. i discovered a cure for this problem - be sure the filter is slightly tilted inward so any overflowing water will go back into the tank.

CC5EAC2E-CE47-40FB-ADA3-A63BE98FE8D6.jpeg

It is very easy to forget how much electrical stuff goes into maintaining a fish tank

5854C279-F0A7-4B9F-9106-47A1705E80C9.jpeg

Also an opportunity to finally getting around to sexing the older fry 💀

I happen to have a few 12.5 G Coleman Coolers & 5 G buckets around I‘d use. I’d be hesitant to use a less than pristine bin, but I tend to worry too much so probably you’re ok.

Most reactions

Back