I need to move my fish ASAP. Emergency bin?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
So my filter clogged and water started flooding my room for I donā€™t know how many hours. My floors are ruined and I need to move my stand to reach the worst of the water, but to do that I need to get my fish into a temporary container. My main container I found is a plastic tub that I have used to mix concrete a couple months ago and I need to know if I can put my fish in there for if any concrete particles will hurt them or my new filter when I put the water back in the tank

Attachments

• 79E073A5-D98B-4525-87E9-49DDE2E23CDA.jpeg
    79E073A5-D98B-4525-87E9-49DDE2E23CDA.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 37
So my filter clogged and water started flooding my room for I donā€™t know how many hours. My floors are ruined and I need to move my stand to reach the worst of the water, but to do that I need to get my fish into a temporary container. My main container I found is a plastic tub that I have used to mix concrete a couple months ago and I need to know if I can put my fish in there for if any concrete particles will hurt them or my new filter when I put the water back in the tank
I would say it's fine, but a different container would probably be better.

Sorry about your mishap . Just curious, what brand filter caused the flooding?

My sister found a couple better containers while I was draining one of the tanks šŸ˜Štwo are on the stand.

The filter is an aquaclear 30. A lot of algae I hadnā€™t seen accumulated in the filter thatā€™s thatā€™s what clogged it. So Iā€™m gonna take this opportunity to deep clean the tank AND the filters.

Iā€™m also moving the tank so it gets less sunlight and therefore less algae.

And I really wish I could tell my fish that ā€œmommy loves you and is doing this for a good reason NOW GET IN THE NETTTTā€

Also I hadnā€™t realized how many fry I had šŸ’€

Currently waiting for the tanks to drain šŸ’€

Itā€™s faster with a siphon bit hooooo boy itā€™s still very slow

Aquaclear filters are known to have that issue where they can overflow if the media is clogged. i discovered a cure for this problem - be sure the filter is slightly tilted inward so any overflowing water will go back into the tank.

Itā€™s official. Candy stripped pleco are an absolute b word to catch. And that is mineā€™s new nickname.

CC5EAC2E-CE47-40FB-ADA3-A63BE98FE8D6.jpeg

It is very easy to forget how much electrical stuff goes into maintaining a fish tank

12 or so of the wood planks have swollen

5854C279-F0A7-4B9F-9106-47A1705E80C9.jpeg

Also an opportunity to finally getting around to sexing the older fry šŸ’€

I happen to have a few 12.5 G Coleman Coolers & 5 G buckets around Iā€˜d use. Iā€™d be hesitant to use a less than pristine bin, but I tend to worry too much so probably youā€™re ok.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back