I need Stocking Ideas!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Reaction score
I have been keeping fresh water fish since 1998 I have kept all the types of fish I wanted. Now I do not know what I want for my planted 100Gal. I have always wanted to make my 100Gal into a planted tank and I have it looks amazing. One thing is What fish to put in it?

What is in it now
1 Angel fish
1 3 spot Gourami
2 sunset Gourami
2 small Electric blue acara. Will only keep one they are small and still growing.
3 Bumble bee catfish
6 cory cats
4 Otos
1 twig catfish

I am thinking more angles I was thinking Discus I kept them years ago. I would get BIG ones. Only thing is My Gourami can be a jerk but mostly to other gouramis he leaves the Angel fish alone.

I would like a School of fish but I have kept just about all the types of Tetras you can keep. I have some favorites I might go back to.

It is hard trying to stock a tank when you have had all the fish you could have ever wanted over the years. I do tend to love the South American fish Gouramis are new to me I have not had many loach. problem is I try and keep my tank like a bio type. I added the Gouramis because I had to try and them now I messed up my South American tank. I was thinking of going with an Asian tank. I have not had many of the Asian fish.........

I am just lost with stocking my tank. I do not know what to do. I can not seem to get away from the South American fish. I should go Salt water next.

Rainbowfish, see following link, and click the names on right of screen when at that link.
http://rainbowfish.angfaqld.org.au/Melano.htm

Get rid of the big fish and you can keep killifish like Aphyosemium and Epiplaty species. They are small but colourful surface dwellers.

Obviously this bit depends on tank size but Go predator tank and keep monsterous murderous fishes like sooty grunters, African tiger fish, shovelnose catfish, alligator gars. Barramundi, Saratoga, forktail catfish.

Get a reptile license and keep turtles or freshwater crocodiles.

Brackish to salt water and keep mudskippers. Go for the small species so they don't bite your fingers off like the big ones do.

Saltwater with small reef fish like damsels, or a coral tank, or an anemone tank with anemonefish (aka clownfish like Nemo). Go big or go home with a cat shark, stingray, school of trevally.
Set up a crab tank and have assorted crabs in there. *NB* most crabs should not be kept with fish.

If you want to do an Asian tank, what about a betta sorority with kuhli loaches?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back