I need some help immediately!!! Im getting real worried!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Rocky998

Kinda crazy, but somehow they let me stay
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
So, our dog Luna has started to become distant from as in going in another room (not when we go in there but stays away from high traffic areas) and it all started when 2 dogs decided to team up on her at a dog park (its a special park where all dogs have to be tested for aggression) and she stood her ground but in afraid she may have gotten a little depression since that dog was one of the dogs Luna meets at playdate days at the park (I guess they get along then but not in the main park when the hoomans are there) but I am worried that somethings wrong because she also stays down stairs when we go up to bed and hasnt been in the family room a lot but I just gave her a frozen treat and she is laying in front of me now... I really hope she begins to feel better and help would be much appreciated!

She’ll probably be fine tomorrow, poor baby. Just got spooked a little. What kind of dog is Luna?
I have two dogs in bed with me right now, a French Bulldog and a pug mix.
She is a large husky mix... It happened like 2 days ago

If she would normally follow you around, including upstairs, and do a fair amount of rough and tumble type play...she may have strained muscles or taken a few knocks when the other dogs had a go at her and she is feeling a bit stiff and sore...

Husky types and crosses are generally pretty outgoing but at the same time they can be a little moody and want to spend time alone, just like any dog (or animal tbh) when they are feeling a bit under the weather or sore or having a bad day

If her mood and her activity doesn't lift by the end of the weekend or she develops a noticeable limp or is tender to touch anywhere on her legs or back...especially her tail head area...a trip to the vet would be a good idea, just to have the vet give her the once over and make sure she is not harbouring injury

Husky's thick coat can often hide bruising and grazes etc so for peace of mind both for you and hers, a vet visit on Monday if she has not regained her usual self by then.

If she would normally follow you around, including upstairs, and do a fair amount of rough and tumble type play...she may have strained muscles or taken a few knocks when the other dogs had a go at her and she is feeling a bit stiff and sore...

Husky types and crosses are generally pretty outgoing but at the same time they can be a little moody and want to spend time alone, just like any dog (or animal tbh) when they are feeling a bit under the weather or sore or having a bad day

If her mood and her activity doesn't lift by the end of the weekend or she develops a noticeable limp or is tender to touch anywhere on her legs or back...especially her tail head area...a trip to the vet would be a good idea, just to have the vet give her the once over and make sure she is not harbouring injury

Husky's thick coat can often hide bruising and grazes etc so for peace of mind both for you and hers, a vet visit on Monday if she has not regained her usual self by then.
Thats a good way to go about things. Thank you!

Why didn’t you immediately remove her from the situation and take her home? I’d remove my dog and not allow her to “stand her ground
in a potentially aggressive situation that could escalate.
Oh no, we removed her immediately... But we were standing about 50 ft away so she had time to go into a fighting stance while me and my dad ran over and the other dog owners ofc... Its a HUGE dog park so they can go fairly far away....

Oh no, we removed her immediately... But we were standing about 50 ft away so she had time to go into a fighting stance while me and my dad ran over and the other dog owners ofc... Its a HUGE dog park so they can go fairly far away....
How is Luna doing today?

I’ve owned several pittie mixes the years. Great dogs. always have 2-4 dogs.
We fostered one dog named Thor... He was a white deaf boxer... We wouldve adopted him but my brother was too young to understand that you cant be in a dogs face all the time... So he now has a small nose piercing 😂... But we were all so sad we had to give him back... But we learned about a year or two ago he has a nice home in Florida!! Fast forward from that a year and we were fostering a dog named scrappy, he was a Staffordshire terrier mix amd he was a BEAUTIFUL dog... But was too protective with my younger brother and tried to take a chomp out of a stranger we met on a walk... I trained that dog so well... He learned so quick too... I trusted that dog almost with my life... One of the advanced things I taught him was a multiple command where I asked him to sit and stay on one side of the yard and then I went mid way with a plastic rod and held it out (it was short only about 3 inches coming out from my hand) and told him to get it and when he runs... He runs... Fastest dog I ever knew... I even think he'd make a great police dog... But anyways he would run towards me then jump and take it right from me... We both had a respect for each other and if it was only me and him... I would've adopted him... He is still at the shelter today sadly and I hope for the best with him

She needs more time. She’ll be fine.
Yah thats what I'm thinking as well... She's now starting to come up to us and lick... Rn she's laying on my feet and she went up to my mom not to long ago...

We fostered one dog named Thor... He was a white deaf boxer... We wouldve adopted him but my brother was too young to understand that you cant be in a dogs face all the time... So he now has a small nose piercing 😂... But we were all so sad we had to give him back... But we learned about a year or two ago he has a nice home in Florida!! Fast forward from that a year and we were fostering a dog named scrappy, he was a Staffordshire terrier mix amd he was a BEAUTIFUL dog... But was too protective with my younger brother and tried to take a chomp out of a stranger we met on a walk... I trained that dog so well... He learned so quick too... I trusted that dog almost with my life... One of the advanced things I taught him was a multiple command where I asked him to sit and stay on one side of the yard and then I went mid way with a plastic rod and held it out (it was short only about 3 inches coming out from my hand) and told him to get it and when he runs... He runs... Fastest dog I ever knew... I even think he'd make a great police dog... But anyways he would run towards me then jump and take it right from me... We both had a respect for each other and if it was only me and him... I would've adopted him... He is still at the shelter today sadly and I hope for the best with him
Good for you, caring for all those dogs. Sorry it didn’t work out wiht the one.

We had a bad situation a once with a pit mix who wouldn’t leave our other dogs alone. Found abandoned on a beach in San Diego by my husband’s coworker who couldn’t keep him. We did until he died from cancer years later. Very challenging keeping him separated from the other pets. But we had a big house & he had his own room & we confined the others & played with him in the backyard.

Good for you, caring for all those dogs. Sorry it didn’t work out wiht the one.

We had a bad situation a once with a pit mix who wouldn’t leave our other dogs alone. Found abandoned on a beach in San Diego by my husband’s coworker who couldn’t keep him. We did until he died from cancer years later. Very challenging keeping him separated from the other pets. But we had a big house & he had his own room & we confined the others & played with him in the backyard.
So sad when a dog you love dies... I barely remember the two dogs we had when I was really young but I still have some memories... Their names were bear (a black lab mix) and Tasha (a husky-shepherd mix) as they got older we had to say goodbye and peacefully euthanize them... One lived to be 17 and the other 18...

Without dogs or whatever animal may keep you company... We'd all be broken... All the people who hate animals are obviously the world's worst criminals and terrorists...

So sad when a dog you love dies... I barely remember the two dogs we had when I was really young but I still have some memories... Their names were bear (a black lab mix) and Tasha (a husky-shepherd mix) as they got older we had to say goodbye and peacefully euthanize them... One lived to be 17 and the other 18...

Without dogs or whatever animal may keep you company... We'd all be broken... All the people who hate animals are obviously the world's worst criminals and terrorists...
Guess what US former President is the only one who never had a pet, at least in recent history? Hint: wealthy fat idiot.

Unbearably sad when they pass. It’s been over a year since we had the vet out to the house to euthanize our 14 yr old giant mutt (125 pds) that looked like a black timber wolf. The pet funeral place came at the same time & later cremated her. I’m still not over it.
Yah, its interesting how an animal can bring out things in you that you didnt know about... Dogs dont have the mind of a human but ya know what they do better than people? They show love and compassion amd in todays world many need that... Thats why a lot of people love dogs because they know they'll be loyal.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back