I need advice...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ive had my 20 long for around 15 years, its been through 7 moves 3 broken versa tops 4 substrate changes like 4 different filters, the front pane is all scratched up one corner has a crack in the sealant , the stand is wobbly with a broken sliding door the lights are just shop lights covered in lime scale with cfl bulbs and along with all its memories its mine:)

Last edited:

Attachments

• 48370ECD-15CB-49E9-B143-72BDD6CFF8D8.jpeg
    48370ECD-15CB-49E9-B143-72BDD6CFF8D8.jpeg
    327.6 KB · Views: 36
And here is the picture of the tank with that light:
0F8B06FF-F5CB-49AC-BD93-C7D759438FAB.jpeg

Doesnt look too bad?? Maybe get some paper towels, soak them in vinegar and leave them on there over night
Ok, will do. Hoping it all goes away, so I don’t have to get a new one.

Can the coloured LEDs be switched off independently? As in just have the whites on (no blue) etc?
Sadly, no. It can go all blue, and then the one you saw. It would look amazing with just white.

I quite like the yellow look off your original lamp, but its all personal taste at the end of the day. I'm just glad you don't have bright neon pink and green gravel

That will hardly affect the amount of light being output. And cosmetic wise, you don't really see that part of the light? The fish do.. but doubt theyre bothered
I not only want my fish to be happy, but I want to be happy. [With my tank]

I want it to look good, just like my 10g and 29g.

I quite like the yellow look off your original lamp, but its all personal taste at the end of the day. I'm just glad you don't have bright neon pink and green gravel
Yeah, clown puke gravel is nasty. :sick:

Fish are most happy with hardly any light tbh.. but we keep fish cos they're nice to look at, so, theres a bit of a trade off.
I agree. The fish would thrive with just the overhead lights from the room the tank is in, the lights we use are for veiwing the fish, and growing plants

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back