I need advice...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I guess I could remove him. Just a lot of work, and I would have to do it all at one time.

So no one has any cheap but good light suggestions?
Why not use the light fixture you found in your garage awhile back?

Yes, that’s for your concern. I just got her at a bad time, where she was swimming low. She usually swims high.

She is also female, and that belly is full of unfertilized eggs.
Zebra danios are a schooling fish that do better in groups of six or more. It's quite sad to see one alone in that big tank.

I just thought this was an open debate "I need advice..." , "My tank looks garbage"
Nicrew do some very reasonably priced and well made LED fixtures that I personally would recommend

Zebra danios are a schooling fish that do better in groups of six or more. It's quite sad to see one alone in that big tank.
Yes, I know. I have said before (maybe before you joined?) it is a rescue fish from Craigslist. My dad doesn’t have a job, and we are moving again soon so he can get a new one. My dad not having a job = no allowance = no fish money.

Believe me, I would love to get more - I just simply can’t afford it. :)

Yes, I know. I have said before (maybe before you joined?) it is a rescue fish from Craigslist. My dad doesn’t have a job, and we are moving again soon so he can get a new one. My dad not having a job = no allowance = no fish money.

Believe me, I would love to get more - I just simply can’t afford it. :)
Kids back in my day used to mow neighbours lawns or do dog poop duty to fund their hobbies. But alas, we live in a different time now.

Why not use the light fixture you found in your garage awhile back?
That is the one I’m using, and it looks hideous. I shouldn’t be using that anyway, because it’s meant to be a heat lamp.

I have another question... the light that came with it has calcium buildup on it to. But, the clear part is made a plastic. How do I get that stuff off? I don’t want to use a razor, because I’m afraid I will take the actual plastic off with the calcium.

That is the one I’m using, and it looks hideous. I shouldn’t be using that anyway, because it’s meant to be a heat lamp.

I have another question... the light that came with it has calcium buildup on it to. But, the clear part is made a plastic. How do I get that stuff off? I don’t want to use a razor, because I’m afraid I will take the actual plastic off with the calcium.
Not gonna comment on the hideous part, butbas long as the actual bulb isnt a heat lamp bulb the socket doesnt matter:)

Lemon juice or vinegar are effective

Kids back in my day used to mow neighbours lawns or do dog poop duty to fund their hobbies. But alas, we live in a different time now.
If you are saying I don’t work... please don’t.... :(

I own a dog, and I do dog poop duty every day. I also mow my own lawn, and it takes me 5 hours to do it with the help of my siblings. (2)

My “income” has always come from my parents doing chores. But, because of the fact that my dad is out of a job, that payment has stopped. I can’t get a job, because I’m to young and my parents won’t let me. They won’t lend me money because he doesn’t have a job.

I am “working” on the side with my LetGo account, getting rid of a ton of stuff we have, and selling it. I get a cut from that - but, it’s Not much.

Not gonna comment on the hideous part, butbas long as the actual bulb isnt a heat lamp bulb the socket doesnt matter:)
It may be the bulb, I need to get one similar to the ones I have in my 10g and 29g. When I get the bulb, I will see how it looks. :good:

Lemon juice or vinegar are effective
Already tried that. I assume distilled white vinegar is the same thing?

It may be the bulb, I need to get one similar to the ones I have in my 10g and 29g. When I get the bulb, I will see how it looks. :good:

Yes distilled white vinegar is vinegar

Might need a bit of a soak if possible? Can it be dismantled?

Might need a bit of a soak if possible? Can it be dismantled?
Not sure about the dismantled part, I will have to look. Should I soak the “lens” overnight?

If you are saying I don’t work... please don’t.... :(

I own a dog, and I do dog poop duty every day. I also mow my own lawn, and it takes me 5 hours to do it with the help of my siblings. (2)

My “income” has always come from my parents doing chores. But, because of the fact that my dad is out of a job, that payment has stopped. I can’t get a job, because I’m to young and my parents won’t let me. They won’t lend me money because he doesn’t have a job.

I am “working” on the side with my LetGo account, getting rid of a ton of stuff we have, and selling it. I get a cut from that - but, it’s Not much.
That does sound tough.
Consider advertising the danio to go to a good home with someone who has a school then perhaps. Since it seems she/he might remain alone for a while.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back