I need a Design for a Plant Planter!!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fozzy_wozzy_woo

Moved On
Reaction score
Kudelstaart (Amsterdam) (The Netherlands)
Hey All,

Here is a hard one for you I need a design for a device to plant plants at the bottom of my tank. From the bottom of the tank to the top will be 170cm (77.27inch).

also i need a device which will trim the plants.

I know its a bit late to think of this but i dont intend on going swimming every time a plant comes out of the gravel. or when i need to trim the plants because its getting a bit large.

Small child with a snorkel? ;)

a 5 axis robot arm with changable attachments :)

No seriously, I think they sell those extra long and big clamps.. I think they are usually for reef tank.. I saw one at the LFS and it was longer than 1 meter long...

you can get than and make it longer, its a very simple mechanism using wires.. or you can acutually build one yourself using a PVC pipe, some wires and a handle

here is the one I am talking about:

Coralife Aqua Tongues

Actually thinking about this again, I don't think PVC will be a good choice for the length you want... maybe its better to get Aluminum....

Tricky m8 :unsure:

Howabout a well trained fish? :D

For a tank that deep I think you're going to have to get creative and make your own tools...

....the mechanical arm is a good idea - try customising one (my gran has one about 1m long to pick things of the floor)

...for triming the plants I use long handled toe nail scissors - which has the blades set at about 65degrees to the handle - maybe use something like this with the above to get the length.

All that said with a tank this size I don't think there's going to be any easy way of doing your maintenance :/

btw got any pics of this project?

:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back