I Lost Some Fishies :(

katykaye

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Wiltshire UK
My 64L is stunning (even if I do say so myself) the plants and fish are really healthy and the water sparkling. I have lots of small fish in it (see sig) but 5 have died this week :(

I couldn't work out why until today when I did a water change - the water was sooo hot and the thermometer was on 82 degrees - no idea how that happened :( did a water change and reduced the temp back to 68 and the fishies are much more active and looking much happier. I feel really bad that I contributed to their deaths!
 
Im sorry to hear mate.

Some things are just out of our reach =[
 
68 degrees? isnt that a lil low for even those kind of fish i thought it was like 70-72 degrees but im sorry =(
 
Sorry for your loss! My tanks are at 82 degree's at the moment. I don't seem to be having any problems. Ofcourse, I'm not keeping killi's or minnows. I have Bristlenoses and Yellow Labs ( my temp may stil be too high, I may lower it).
 
68F I think is a little low. What type of fish died? Have you checked your water? I keep my tanks at 77/78F I was keeping them at 80. When you keep a higher temp you need more oxygen. Maybe your heater went crazy keep an eye on it. I had a heater creep the temp up. I never used it again.
 
Well they are all looking much better this morning and very active! I have adjusted the temp back up to 75 degrees - and my heater appears to be working ok.
 
Well they are all looking much better this morning and very active! I have adjusted the temp back up to 75 degrees - and my heater appears to be working ok.

that sounds like a nice temp now :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top