I just hit 1000 messages..

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

The reason that it is posted in two areas of the forum is that the original post was made in an non-appropriate area. So I moved it to General Chat as that is more appropriate. Board Announcements and Suggestions area is not for that type of post. The post made in that area will disappear in about 2 days.
Ok, you're not shocked then.... :oops:

Just to say that the version of this thread which appears in Board Announcements is actually just a redirect. If you click on it, it automatically takes you to the version in General Chat.
When we need to move a thread, if it has recent posts we leave a redirect so that people who want to read it and know where it was originally posted can still find it. The thread will disappear from the original section after a few days.

If you look at Board Announcements & Suggestions, you'll see a lot of threads that have been redirected - I don't know what they look like on a mobile device but on a PC, in the title line there is a square box with an arrow pointing out of it to show redirected threads.

On my iPad, they don’t have that little arrow. No clue why... :huh:

This is what I see on my laptop

Redirect.jpg

it has the box with the arrow to show there's a redirect. There are also no numbers for replies or views for a redirected thread just a dash, and nothing in the space where the last post time and poster goes, just N/A.

What happens when you click on the thread title of this thread in Board Announcements? Does it open in Board Announcements or in General Chat?

Just to say that the version of this thread which appears in Board Announcements is actually just a redirect. If you click on it, it automatically takes you to the version in General Chat.
When we need to move a thread, if it has recent posts we leave a redirect so that people who want to read it and know where it was originally posted can still find it. The thread will disappear from the original section after a few days.

If you look at Board Announcements & Suggestions, you'll see a lot of threads that have been redirected - I don't know what they look like on a mobile device but on a PC, in the title line there is a square box with an arrow pointing out of it to show redirected threads.
Mine shows this:
EAFB5173-9C27-4DC1-B1EE-11F3FDA04D6C.jpeg

I guess mine does have the lite arrow. When I click on the title, it brings me to this thread. (Which is then labeled as “General Chat”.)

Yes, that little symbol just in front of the word 'replies' is the redirect symbol. Any thread with that has been moved and clicking on the thread takes you to its new location. The thread title will disappear from the old location after after a few days - the number of days depends on how many the mod who moved it selected.

Most reactions

trending

Back