I Just Got A New Crown Tail. What Do You Guys Think About Him..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SAQ143

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
What's up guys.. I'm pretty new into this betta game.

Well i just purchase a crowntail betta fish and  I never seen this color before and was wondering if he was a rare breed haha

what color is this little monster..

Attachments

• rsz_wow.jpg
    rsz_wow.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 152
Oh my gosh... He is beautiful. That colouring is AMAZING! I love crowntails, though my betta buddy atm is veiltail. Whatya keepin him in? ^_^

scrage said:
Oh my gosh... He is beautiful. That colouring is AMAZING! I love crowntails, though my betta buddy atm is veiltail. Whatya keepin him in?
happy.png
I have 2.5 gallon tank.. betta do take up a lot of tank space.. I tried having some community fishes but my betta is always attacking them.. :(

Betta's are picky with their tank mates, and you'll need more room for more fish with him. Is the 2.5 heated? ^_^

scrage said:
Betta's are picky with their tank mates, and you'll need more room for more fish with him. Is the 2.5 heated?
happy.png
Yup a little heater and a 10gallion filter haha.. I use to raise arowanas.. but i fell inlove with bettas.. You have any bettas any pictures :)

I do actually! My little guys in a 29gal atm with some neon tetras and corys. Heres a semi decent pic of him. He is a hard one to photograph. dont mind that odd glare lol. 
20140513_145021_zps6de1ec70.jpg

wow  nice tank set up! and beautiful fish
evilmad.gif
  im jealous..

Yea, His fins were pretty torn up when I first got him, and they haven't grown back fully. My tank plants are finally growing really steadily now 
wub.png
  I'm pretty pleased with my setup. I had my first betta in a 1.5gal Bowl for a year before I got him in the 29gal. He was in there for nearly 2years then mysteriously died snuggled up in his sleeping spot 
cry1.gif
. But they are so pretty I had to buy another.

Hi! I believe your CT is turqouise in colour..

Nice betta! :)

I think all of us here wants a video of him! Haha!

What is his name btw?

Definitely pretty! I don't think i've seen a turquoise one from a store before (you did get him at a LFS, right?)  

P.S. Can colors be rare???

AquaPit said:

Nice betta!
smile.png

What is his name btw?

scrage said:
Yea, His fins were pretty torn up when I first got him, and they haven't grown back fully. My tank plants are finally growing really steadily now 
wub.png
  I'm pretty pleased with my setup. I had my first betta in a 1.5gal Bowl for a year before I got him in the 29gal. He was in there for nearly 2years then mysteriously died snuggled up in his sleeping spot 
cry1.gif
. But they are so pretty I had to buy another.
haha 29 gallon for a betta .. hes spoiled :) i'm glad to hear you took care of him tho.. and im sorry r i p little fishy :(
well this is a short video of my betta camera angle is off .. i was too lazy to edit the video lol.. hope you guys enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK9e1Dw2AFY

and.. i do not have any names for him yet..

AquaPit said:

Nice betta!
smile.png

What is his name btw?
 turqouise and a shade of purple.. i don't understand how some betta are named dragon or sea night betta.. still a a nab.. any information may help ! haha

no names yet ..
GuppyGirl20 said:
Definitely pretty! I don't think i've seen a turquoise one from a store before (you did get him at a LFS, right?)  

P.S. Can colors be rare???
yes i brought him at a local pet store.. 12 bucks.. hopefully i got a good deal out of him

not sure if color are rare thats a question i want to find out.. i haven't really seen any purple betta hopping i got the one in a million betta lol

He is an absolute beaut, good find!

Just be careful of his delicate fins on those plastic plants though (not sure if they are his side as well as your other bettas)

Oh and if you don't mind us photo bombing your thread, I shall share my two bettas pics on here for you to see too :D

This is my recent addition (bought him on Wednesday) "Gaston" (Superdelta)

And this is my first ever "Vader" (Veiltail)

And my recently passed "Luther" :( (Plakat)

Enjoy your betta :D

Shelster said:
He is an absolute beaut, good find!

Just be careful of his delicate fins on those plastic plants though (not sure if they are his side as well as your other bettas)

Oh and if you don't mind us photo bombing your thread, I shall share my two bettas pics on here for you to see too
biggrin.png

This is my recent addition (bought him on Wednesday) "Gaston" (Superdelta)

And this is my first ever "Vader" (Veiltail)

And my recently passed "Luther"
sad.png
(Plakat)

Enjoy your betta
biggrin.png
oh man i love your bettas and your tank set up i want to upgrade asap..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back