I just can't...

Its a very healthy mighty plant with long white healthy long mighty roots.
Its been running on waste that collected on sand near the plant :)
Oh! Okay, that's great then. When you wrote this;
I removed mine today... o mighty roots..
I thought you were saying it had zero mighty roots.

Edit: messed up quote thingies.

Last edited:
Have never set foot in the Lakes before, usually go Wales or Cornwall, Devon.

Have never set foot in the Lakes before, usually go Wales or Cornwall, Devon.
I've only been to the Lakes once, just remember lots of gorgeous walks.

I went to Devon/Cornwall on a 'doggy holiday' with my bestie and our two dogs year before last, was my last holiday. Sounds a bit boring, but just meant we stayed in a chalet thing that accepted dogs, and spent every day taking his greyhound and my spaniel to different beaches, nice woodlands, lovely rivers.. ate out at restaurants, it was great. Pixie loves the water and adventure, so she had the time of her life.

I've only been to the Lakes once, just remember lots of gorgeous walks.

I went to Devon/Cornwall on a 'doggy holiday' with my bestie and our two dogs year before last, was my last holiday. Sounds a bit boring, but just meant we stayed in a chalet thing that accepted dogs, and spent every day taking his greyhound and my spaniel to different beaches, nice woodlands, lovely rivers.. ate out at restaurants, it was great. Pixie loves the water and adventure, so she had the time of her life.
Sounds ace. I'm not or will ever be one to fly to Lanzarote and lie on a sunbed for 2 weeks. I'd love to have a dog but I just can't promise I can walk it for hours a day in nice big fields, which is exactly what they should have IMO. Anyway.. I've already told my boy we're getting Otos, he's chuffed :)

Sounds ace. I'm not or will ever be one to fly to Lanzarote and lie on a sunbed for 2 weeks. I'd love to have a dog but I just can't promise I can walk it for hours a day in nice big fields, which is exactly what they should have IMO. Anyway.. I've already told my boy we're getting Otos, he's chuffed :)
;)
I'm not averse to some sunbathing and spending a day in and out of the pool, but I would get bored without some exploring too.

I imagine the kids will nag you relentlessly about getting a dog sooner or later ;)
I could even recommend some breeds that don't need hours of daily walks, hahaha! But you're right, most need at least 20 mins once or twice a day, and they're a lot of work and expense; you'll have enough of that with the kids :D

Aaaww, I love that he's excited about otos, and that he's interested in the fish too! That's just too cute. Did you show him these photos? Does the littlest one like the tank too?

;)
I'm not averse to some sunbathing and spending a day in and out of the pool, but I would get bored without some exploring too.

I imagine the kids will nag you relentlessly about getting a dog sooner or later ;)
I could even recommend some breeds that don't need hours of daily walks, hahaha! But you're right, most need at least 20 mins once or twice a day, and they're a lot of work and expense; you'll have enough of that with the kids :D

Aaaww, I love that he's excited about otos, and that he's interested in the fish too! That's just too cute. Did you show him these photos? Does the littlest one like the tank too?
Be ideal to have a dog now im workin from home but when im back and the house is empty for 8 hours a day I'd just feel cruel.
Martha has a look now and then and says 'awww' at the (baby?) corys

Be ideal to have a dog now im workin from home but when im back and the house is empty for 8 hours a day I'd just feel cruel.
Martha has a look now and then and says 'awww' at the (baby?) corys
Yeah, there's been a run on people buying and adopting dogs during lockdown, since they're stuck at home and feeling isolated. But like you most will have to go back to work eventually, and there will be many cases of separation anxiety and dogs getting rehomed. Shelters are preparing for the influx already, it's sad.

Aaaww, you're gonna turn them into little fish keepers :wub:

Always wanted them. Sadly they cost me around 30.000 IDR/Each. So i need around 240.000 IDR Just for fish :( hopefully someday i'll have them. Just have to make sure i am not going Bankrupt after that :rofl:.
Lovely Fish. <3

That's is quite expensive.
At my place it's less than 13,000 IDR each or probably 90 cents(USD) each.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's My Reputable store. Always go there first and always give me the best price.
I tried to Online & Local Pet Store.
Most stores Sell it around 45.000 - 55.000. :-(
And yet they need to be 7-8 School.

Yeah, that's My Reputable store. Always go there first and always give me the best price.
I tried to Online & Local Pet Store.
Most stores Sell it around 45.000 - 55.000. :-(
And yet they need to be 7-8 School.
Perhaps there is some difficulty with shipping them from where ever they've been caught (most are wild caught, often in Peru) and sending them to Indonesia? It's a much longer trip than from Peru to the US or UK, and wild caught otocinclus often struggle with it. If it's a much longer trip, and there are any delays in shipping or handling, it would lead to a lot more losses, making the survivors much more expensive. If a fish store orders and pays for 200 otocinclus, and less than 100 survive, they'd need to charge a great deal more to make their money back on the fish. That would be my suspicion about why they're so expensive there.

They're well known for finding shipping and being warehoused and kept in clean store tanks difficult. They need constant algae grazing to stay in condition, they can't get enough food if they're being kept in a giant tub at a warehouse in Peru with hundreds of others also eating any algae that's in that tank, probably not being given much extra food or not even recognising algae wafers as food.. then shipped again on a long journey in a bag without food, before being put into clean shop tanks and maybe given some supplemental food, but no algae to graze on all day. Even in the US and UK, where shipping might take 1-3 days at most, they're known for being weaker and hungry after all that, and you're likely to lose one or more by the time they get your established home tank. Maybe ask your fish store owner about what happens when he orders them in, if they wind up losing a lot because of shipping.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back