I have to give up my birds :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Really sad news. I have to give Coconut and Marshmallow up. I've moved out and am unable to take them with me. Right now they are being taken care of by my parents but that can't last forever. If anyone wants a pair of budgies I will gladly give them to any good home.
Price: Negotiable
Includes: Toys, cage, budgies, food, food dishes, anything else that they need.

I just need them to go to a good home rather than someone on craigslist. So before I post to craigslist I'll give you guys a try. Reach out in PM's
Erin

Yeh. Budgies should be fine in a house , an apartment, basement, anywhere. Why cant u take them with you?
Someone will get a great deal if u decide to give them up. Wish I lived closer.

What’s going to happen with your fish?

Sorry to hear. That must break your heart as well. I also know that when budgies are kept in the living space of the house, that they tend to get attached to the person(s). Some budgies have problems to get used to another environment or even to other people. If you'd be able to keep them, that would be the best thing to do. But I don't know if there are certain restrictions at the new place, of course...

Why can't you take them with you?
Why can't they stay at your parents?

Don't get rid of them. They are part of your family. Either ask your parents to care for them permanently, or see if you can keep them at your new place.
My parents don't really want to keep taking care of them, and I can only get down to my parents at the absolute most 1 time per week (one time too many for the time being.) I just don't see a way around it. I can't take them with me because I live in a goat ridden, dusty, cluttered house in the middle of the boondocks and the cage is so large it doesn't fit in my car.

Yeh. Budgies should be fine in a house , an apartment, basement, anywhere. Why cant u take them with you?
Someone will get a great deal if u decide to give them up. Wish I lived closer.

What’s going to happen with your fish?
I legitimately don't know....I'll take them probably. Ive been moved out for a bit now its just now I have to make decisions because my parents can't keep doing things for me.

Take budgies in a travelling cage, sell or give away their current cage, pick up another temp cage for them via craigslist or whatever even if it's a bit smaller for now, then upgrade them when you're able/when a good deal comes along.

There are ways around this! I'm so sorry your folks aren't being supportive about this... I hope this is useful, always happy to be a listening ear if you need someone to talk to!

Ive always wanted birds. My parents used to have birds. I would take them if i was closer.

Even if the cage doesn't fold down, you might be able to disassemble it to transport it. We used to get bird cages in flat pack cardboard boxes and the cage simply expanded and had a base fitted to it. There is no way companies will pay extra in shipping fees to transport a cage that is at full size if they can squash it into a box that takes up 10% of the space.

My cockatiel's penthouse is 3 feet wide and deep and 4 feet high not including the base. It came in a box that was 4 feet wide and high and mayhaps 6 inches deep. So yes, most cages can be made MUCH smaller for shipping if not assembled.

Only he top half but... LOL! The full spectrum lighting on the top also makes some pretty cool wall patterns. ;)

IMG_1951.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back