FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I would like to start looking into getting some more fish for my 29g tank. Preferably fish with bright colors. (Schooling fish)

My GH is 159 mg/L or 9.3 grains of calcium carbonate per gallon.

My current stock: [8] Neon Tetras, [5] Panda Corydoras, [1] Male Albino BNP, [40+] Cherry Shrimp, [1] Zebra Nerite snail, MTS and BRH snails.

@Byron

I definitely suggest more cories, at least a group of 12 total, all pandas if you like, or add another species in a group of 5-6.

Neons are fine if you add other species for the upper level. There are quite a lot of options...hatchetfish, some of the pencilfish, or some tetras but finding upper level tetras that are quiet and peaceful can be challenging. One of the Trigonostigma rasbora? These are mid-level.

What type of fish that you like?
Actually there are too many species of fish for you to choose not to mention so many type of shrimps.

Why don't you get some small fish where you can have more of them?

1)Green Neon Rasboras
2)Mosquito Rasboras
3)Espei Rasboras
4)Clown Killifish
5)Ruby Tetras
6)Ember Tetras

But take note that some of them can be a threat to your babies shrimp.

Or some shrimps:
1) Super blue shrimps
2) Golden/yellow shrimps
3) Tiger shrimps

I bought some Super blue shrimps and Tiger shrimps this week. They are cheap over here.
Super blue shrimps cost about USD 1.20 each.
Tiger shrimps cost less than USD 1.0.

@Lajos_Detari #1 recommendation of the green neon rasboras... i call them kubotai rasboras, another name for them. Scientific name is microdevario kubotai.

DEFINITELY recommend if you want a bright colored schooler. I find them mid to upper level schoolers and even with your neons, you could have a large group since they're very small. Go a minimum of 8-10, but up to 18-20 easily in a 29g

Mine in action

They're also my favorite upper level fish. Nonstop energy

After looking at pictures, I instantly fell in love with Green Neon Tetras, Ruby Tetras, and Clown Killifish.

I have a question about the clown killifish though. How many would I need to get? Are these type of fish aggressive?

I will call my LFS sometime today or tomorrow, and see how much these fish would cost. I know they would have to order them, as I have never seen them carry them.

Clown killis I think need groups because they can be a little difficult temperament wise, but don't quote me

Clown killis I think need groups because they can be a little difficult temperament wise, but don't quote me
Oh, ok. I’ll wait for @Byron.

What about some Gourami’s? I have been looking into honey and sparkling Gourami’s.

Iriatherina werneri or Pseudomugil gertrudae
Just googled the two. The first one is some sort of rainbow fish? My LFS has many rainbow fish, I will look next time I go.

The second one looks really rare/hard to find.

Most reactions

trending

Back