I Has A Question About Shrimps

they give me the creeps a bit as well, but my other half likes them so i might get a few, plus to help clean the tank!

Had to say this thread made me laugh out loud at work, just the thought of one wandering up the stairs... :lol:
 
Think its all pretty much covered above, both should be fine with plants. I started off with 12 cherry shrimp in my planted tank and ended up with hundreds of the things. I did have two that I found outside the tank but that was most likely due to my blue rams that used to have a go at eating them every so often.
 
just a point

if you get shrimp every time you buy new plants you have to soak the plants to get off the pesticides.

some pesticides can kill shrimps.
 
just a point

if you get shrimp every time you buy new plants you have to soak the plants to get off the pesticides.

some pesticides can kill shrimps.

Good point, there have been recent stories of mass shrimp deaths because of this.
 
I do like the look of cherry shrimp but there also kinda creepy :lol: Id be worried about having copper trace in the water and killing the little fellows

Most dechlor products will also remove a certain amount of heavy metals from the water. Might be worth checking with the manufacturer of your product to see if it does this though.
 
I do like the look of cherry shrimp but there also kinda creepy :lol: Id be worried about having copper trace in the water and killing the little fellows

Most dechlor products will also remove a certain amount of heavy metals from the water. Might be worth checking with the manufacturer of your product to see if it does this though.
Seacham (sp) Prime I use at the moment, smells like rotten eggs but it works :lol:

Maybe ill invest if a few cherry shrimp then :hey:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top