I guess this would be about cycling.(gonna be long

Joeyt66

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok heres what i am wanting to do. I am buying a 125 gallon tank. i have a 65 now which is built in the wall so what i will be doin is draining the water out and fish of coarse putting them in a holding tank taking out the 65, cutting out more space in the wall ,some framing for the new tank inserting the 125. i am reusing the gravel and my 2 aqua clear 300 and all the plastic plants and ordamints. Do i have to cyle this tank cause i wont be able to use a big enough tank to hold the fish in for any longer period of time. Also on the aqua clear 300 it says suitable for 100 gallons so is 2 aqua clear 300 good enough or is it recomended i get somethin bigger? Another question is i have a undergravel filter should i put it in the new tank as well or is it better to just leave it out ( i have heard both good and bad things bout them, but i want my water to be crystal clear ? I think that is all , sorry for the length, i will probally be doin this later on this weekend or first of next week so no hurry for reply's

By transfering the filters and gravel to the new tank, plus using double the water, you can simply move everything over and continue on. Don't stock any more fish until you are sure everything is stable and cool.

What filtration you need depends on your stocking levels and what type of fish you have. My 110 is filtered by an Aquaclear 500, a Fluval 304, and an Eheim 2217, but I've also got large, fairly messy fish - you may not need as much. If you are keeping the tank gravel I see no reason not to use the UGF. The cleanest tanks are ones with sand, but with gravel you may as well use it.

You may as well, it helps improve the biofiltration capabilities of the gravel.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back