I got a african dwarf frog!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sumer_kay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The pet store said only live bloodworms (which I don't care for) I read online that I could use frozen regualrly, adn freeze dried in an emergency. i also read its better to feed them every other day. I just got the little fellow 2 days ago, ( I already killed the live bloodworms on accident, so I wonder if I can use the frozen I have thawed of course)
thanks for your advice!

sumer_kay said:
The pet store said only live bloodworms (which I don't care for) I read online that I could use frozen regualrly, adn freeze dried in an emergency. i also read its better to feed them every other day. I just got the little fellow 2 days ago, ( I already killed the live bloodworms on accident, so I wonder if I can use the frozen I have thawed of course)
thanks for your advice!
Yes, absolutely, frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, frozen beefheart are all good foods to feed your ADF. Please don't feed any freeze dried foods even in an emergency. They cannot digest this type of food.

Have fun with your ADF!

The frozen bloodworms should work. you culd also try brine shrimp and the like, seeing as how they like them. :dunno:

To decrease pollution and to make sure the ADF eats, feed it with a trukey baster. They are really receptive to this form of feeding and you can control what and how much food they get.

the pet store sold me an itty bitty betta bowl adn told me to put the food in it, then lower it inot to tank at an angle, and set it at an angle in the gravel, so that he could get it, and other fish wouldn't. I guess thats what they do there, so thats what i've been trying.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back