I dont know what to do!

AmberC

Fish Addict
Reaction score
A little background. I bought a gold green dwarf puffer three days ago. First day and a half it was doing fabulous! Then it started acting a little strange. Wasn't sure if it was eating. I brought in a water sample today and my pH was WAY too high for it. Its just kinda been sitting on the bottom of the tank. So I put in some stuff to fix the pH (advice of my fish expert where I bought the fish) and did a 25% water change (before putting in the pH stuff) Now I look up to see little puff swimming around. I went over to watch it and its swimming kinda funny. Either straight up or angled up towards the surface of the water, then it would spin in circles then all of a sudden it just sank to the bottom of the tank head down and is now sitting on the rocks with its head down between the rocks. It looks like its breathing kinda hard (gasping almost) I dont know what to do and my phone battery went dead so I can call my fish store!!
HELP!! I dont want my little puff to die!!!!! :-(

Your lfs checked the pH but did they check the Ammonia/Nitrite & Nitrate levels which are much more important - need to know these levels.

How long has the tank been set up? Do you have any other fish in the tank?

Its probably worth doing a 30% water change with dechlorinated water, that should help the lil feller until you can get the above readings measured.

Thank you. I had done a water change already. It turns out... something was wrong with is swim bladder. He passed away about an hour after I posted this. :-(

All the other levels have been tested. Thank you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back