What's new

I Can't Make Up My Mind

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
thanks for the advice. im gonna look in to more albino corys(my fav fish) once my water has settled and ive got my new filter up and running. the bolivian rams look amazing to be honest. 1 male and 1 female? or will the male haunt the female too much?

Yep 1 male 1 female. When little they're difficult to sex, but they're mellow enough that if you end up with 2 males it'll be fine.

looking in to these fish now lol a bit of late night research. il probs get 2 groups of 10 tetras. looking at black widows and either glolights or king blues. ive already got 4 corys so il probs get another 2 albino then maybe 4 of another species like peppered or serbi just to break it up a bit.

then maybe the cichlids(1 male 2 females) as a tank centre piece of sorts.

You need at least 6 of each Cory species.

il get 2 more albino cuz i have 4 already, then 6 peppered :D

Here's what I decided in the end:

2 Molly
1 platy
4 cherry barbs
2 Bolivian rams
20 espeis rasbora
1 L200 green phantom plec
2 SAE
1 dwarf gourami? Just wanted a top dweller. Figured I could get away with it......
1 assassin snail
1 zebra nerite snail

Changed this up a bit but I think it'll be good:
2 bolivians
6 cherry barbs
2 mollies
19 espeis
1 male dg
1 clown plec
1 bn: looking for something a bit different with this, other than your regular brown or albino
1 assassin snail

any advice on other tank mates? thinking 2 more female mollies and maybe a school(sp?) of something small like tetras. maybe 2 more cory cats if i can find the albinos again

Albino Corys are usually just a color variant of the Bronze Cory so if you want to add more variety, try maybe three albinos & three bronze. Or you could go crazy and have six of each since you tank is large enough for at least that many.

EDIT:

I did it again, I didn't read ahead in the thread :blink:

6 Albinos would go great with 6 Peppered. My father keeps Albinos & Peppereds together with no problems.

i have 6 albinos and 6 peppered now. looking for another 6. depends what my lfs has in when i go back in!

i have 6 albinos and 6 peppered now. looking for another 6. depends what my lfs has in when i go back in!
Just a bit of advice that someone else here gave me regarding Corys, check out the site planetcatfish.com because they have a huge database on these fish & some Corys are actually supposed to be kept in cooler water than most other "tropical fish."

That site says Peppered do best between 59-77 degrees F while Albino which are probably Bronze prefer 70-81 degrees F. You can keep these 2 togther of course because their temps overlap even though the average for Peppered is 68 compared to the Albino at 75.

Take the Panda Cory for example, it prefers a range of 72-77 so probably not good to keep with the Peppereds but would be okay with the Albinos. The Threelined or False Julii Corys prefer 61-77 degrees so due to the wider range it could probably work with the Albinos & the Peppereds.

I tend to over analyze things though :lol:

Just scrap all the other fish and get sand and just fill that dang tank with like 20+ kuhli loaches. Done. Mission Accomplished. No need to decide anymore.

The loaches decided for you :shifty:

ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.

Crossfire, I want to as much as I don't, but my stock is already underway and I like how it's looking. Kuhlis, definately in my next tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back