I am sorry...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Pity as I'm saying it is the proper way, just that the midlle of a range allows not to make too big mistakes (or to not make ???? )
Now, that’s the beauty of people speaking (and writing) in a second language…it may not be 100% grammatically correct - but it is so charming…and close enough that I know what you mean. I’m ashamed to say that I wouldn’t even know where to start a sentence in French 😳☹️

I appreciate the apology, Avel. That takes courage! Communicating in a second language is always a challenge, and sometimes meanings get lost.

Beyond that, the important thing to remember is that there is usually more than one right way to do something. It is good and beneficial to share what works for you and express your opinion. The problem arises when you start insisting that your opinion is the ONLY correct way. That is when people get offended. If someone feels differently from you about, say, pH or water hardness ( :) ), it's probably OK to let it go and not worry about it.

Be excellent to each other, dudes.
tumblr_peov7liwIy1wzvt9qo3_500.gifv

And is born in 1896, so is 125 years old now.

Everyone should be him-/herself at this forum.
So no sorry needed I'd say.
Probably a mistake... If this was true, he'd be one year younger than my grandfather from my dad's part of the family. He was from 1895.

Now, that’s the beauty of people speaking (and writing) in a second language…it may not be 100% grammatically correct - but it is so charming…and close enough that I know what you mean. I’m ashamed to say that I wouldn’t even know where to start a sentence in French 😳☹️
Could you fix my mistakes ? Would be nice !

when you start insisting that your opinion is the ONLY correct way.
Noooo not my purpose ! I encourage to choose middle range parameters (whatever they are) rather than the lower extrem or the higher extrem as there is much less risk of making big mistakes.

Noooo not my purpose ! I encourage to choose middle range parameters (whatever they are) rather than the lower extrem or the higher extrem as there is much less risk of making big mistakes.
Yes, I know, and it is a very good suggestion...but state your idea, then let it be. If you keep saying it over and over again, it begins to sound insulting.

Oooo…now that’s a question….probably, but do they need fixing..? I used to host French students (aged about 15/16) and I’m ashamed to say that they knew the English grammar system better than the English students…
You're kidding me :lol:

My second language is Spanish, and I am crappy at it. I always get terms mixed up. For example, the terms that are casual and the terms that are rude, or just stern. If English is your second language, then you get words mixed up. Don't worry. And, I've never noticed you being over-enthusiastic. I always thought of you as one of those members I can count on to give me some information.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back