Hydor Koralia Pumps

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

backtotropical

Retired Mod
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
How good are they? Any problems with them?

I am considering one for my freshwater community tank, just for surface agitation, but would like some opinions on them first if poss.

Any replies appreciated. Cheers.

:good:

If all you want is surface agitation, just get a maxijet. They're way cheaper and still do the job. The Hydor Koralia's are new, so it's hard to say how reliable they are. But most of what I hear is good.

If all you want is surface agitation, just get a maxijet. They're way cheaper and still do the job. The Hydor Koralia's are new, so it's hard to say how reliable they are. But most of what I hear is good.

The hydors seem great. I would choose one over the MJ purely on economy grounds (far cheaper to run). The wider flow should be softer on any fish in front of it too.

I have one and would never go back. THe mj's concentrate the flow in one direction as the hydors are more like a boat moter which propells the water in many directions. It also will not damage the corals tissue unlike the MJ will if point it on top of the corals.

ive just ordered oen takign a while to get here but i agree with andy i like them for the use of lower watts and the fact its not a constant stream, my valentini is also less likely to be sucked into one lol!

i like my hydor so far, the swivel head can help you choose the amount of surface agiation you want easier.

I heard the hydor 1 arent that good but ive only heard good things (performance wise) on the 2,3, and 4's. I use a 2.

I,ve got a hydor2 well happy with it very quite B)

I did get a hydor 1 first but as soon as I put it in the tank it was very noisy. I phoned the importer up too ask if this was normal and he told me I was the second person to ring that day about noisy k1,s he told me to take it back to the shop and exchange it for a K2.

He said it sounded like a dodgy batch ( I personally think the stainless shaft was the problem causing the pump to be out of balance) .

I can,t fault the customer service though, they was very helpfull and rang the shop to tell me I was taking one back and the reason why. :good:

my hydor 3 is dead quiet and powerful! im gonna get a hydor 2 now as well for some good all round flow :D

Hi, I have just taken delivery of the Hydor Korlia 2. (i am a newb to this so bare with me) I am planning on having 2 of these in my 180 litre tank.

Now i have not had any experience with any sort of powerheads but it seems these arent pumping as much circulation as i thought, also it seems that the center pin is restriciting the imperpellor slightly but this will prob go with with time, bedding in period.

Will 2 of these be ok in my 180 tank? Im starting to think i might need something more powerful, each one has a turnover of 2300 l/h?

If anyone can give me some advice i would be very appreciative

Thanks

Rich

Will 2 of these be ok in my 180 tank? Im starting to think i might need something more powerful, each one has a turnover of 2300 l/h?

2 x 2300 / 180L = 25.5x turnover per hour. Most people on here suggest that 20-30x is good so 25x should be fine.

I have 2 x Koralia 3 in my 240ltr tank and they seem quite good (only had it running for a few weeks though)

Does everything seem ok with them, i have been told on another forum that i would need a different type. I havent fitted them in yet but i just want to make sure everything is ok before i plung into it.

Thanks for your reply

Rich

ive been through a lot of forums and i found that this forum is the best small community forum (there's this really big one that doesnt count since its so big.....) so i would quit your other forum (if its not that really big one) and just stick to being here :)

i love the koralias! but tbh i havent tried many others. mine is powerful, silent and gives an awesome flow.

on the flip side ive heared people complain about the koralia 1, apparently there was a manufacturing fault with the pin or summat but all is ok now and replacements were issued... dunno how true this is...

Ive got a 1 in my tank and its dead quiet.... :unsure: Its great,doesnt take up much room as it sticks to the glass so its great. Ive got a 1 and an interpet PF3 (loaded with carbon and all sorts) in my 12 UK gal tank..

Most reactions

Back