Hydor External Heater

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My 300W version does, but I believe there are two different ones for different pipe diametres (Or is that the 200W models?)... :good:

Lift the filter pipe out of the box, and un-pack the heater without damaging the box. Compair the pipe to the heater attachment, and if it fits, it will be fine. If it does not fit, repackage the heater and get it swapped for the other modle. It should say on the box though the pipe size that the heater fits according to modle number... :good:

All the best
Rabbut

yes its the 200w heater has the smaller tubing, the 300w fits 16/22mm tubing, so i think you should be good to go.

Cheers Gordon

I have both of the above and they fit :D
They are v good heaters
T.

well i`m really fed up now,9days since i ordered it,mailed living seas on tues to find out what had happened to it,and got email back saying it was a missing item and they have to send a replacement out on thursday,looks like i`ll have to wait another week before i get it !!!!!!!

Sounds about right, yup :rolleyes: Livingseas is a good company, but there is no such thing as a perfect courier company, where things seem to have gone wrong...

Sorry to hear it has been delayed :rolleyes:

well its a relief to hear someone say living seas are a good company,i have never bought from them before and i was a little bit dubious, i usually use aqua ess but living seas were cheaper,

If I'm remembering correctly, you can actually order the 200w for either sized tubing - there are actually two models to take care of that. As a beginner it forced me to actually get out a ruler and learn that the little mm numbers really meant the diameter of the inner opening of the tubing and then you added the wall thickness and that larger number matched the second number of the designation, if I'm remembering all that correctly. My memory is there are only two common sizes of tubing and probably many here have that memorized.

The Hydor has been great for me, completely taking all that gear out of the aquascape and maintaing rock solid temps with very rapid warmups of cold water in a starting tank. While waiting for yours, you might think about how you are going to hang it behind the tank. I judged it to be potentially dodgy to just let the water tubes hold it, although probably that would be ok, but I decided to string a little nylon cord around the center crossbar of the topframe of my tank and bring it down to the little hole provided on the top of the Hydor, which, of course, is directional for water flow.

~~waterdrop~~

well i`m really fed up now,9days since i ordered it,mailed living seas on tues to find out what had happened to it,and got email back saying it was a missing item and they have to send a replacement out on thursday,looks like i`ll have to wait another week before i get it !!!!!!!

count yourself lucky, just found out Ian ordered something very expensive, the courier lost it and the company won't send another and want him to pay for the first one that the courier lost :grr:

hmm hadn`t thought about that,are they quite heavy then?

count yourself lucky, just found out Ian ordered something very expensive, the courier lost it and the company won't send another and want him to pay for the first one that the courier lost :grr:
from living seas ? :unsure:

from living seas :unsure:
Elaine, no, don't worry, they are really -not- very heavy for what they do, quite well designed. They did seem bulkier in real life than I imagined. Mostly I'm just the type that worries about details and it seemed good to have extra insurance against falling/breaking since the inner tube in the heater is glass I hear.

MW, yuuuuuuuuuuuuk, Awful!! Surely there is a courier tracking number? Here we always get an email or whatever and you can track your package and interact with the courier (UPS,FedEx etc.)

~~waterdrop~~

from living seas :unsure:
Elaine, no, don't worry, they are really -not- very heavy for what they do, quite well designed. They did seem bulkier in real life than I imagined. Mostly I'm just the type that worries about details and it seemed good to have extra insurance against falling/breaking since the inner tube in the heater is glass I hear.

MW, yuuuuuuuuuuuuk, Awful!! Surely there is a courier tracking number? Here we always get an email or whatever and you can track your package and interact with the courier (UPS,FedEx etc.)

~~waterdrop~~
yeah there was a tracking number but when i tried to trace it ,it was invalid, i emailed living seas and they said they no longer use that courier and now they use royal mail,so i have emailed them again to ask for tracking number,i`m waiting for reply

well i`v just had a reply from living seas saying we have sent this by royal mail,the tracking system doesn`t really work untill you have signed for the item,but we dont know why,if you haven`t heard anything by next wed please let us know,great!!!!!!!!!! not only have i got to wait ages but i also have to make sure i`m home everyday so i can sign for it,

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back