Huge mistake... Im so mad at myself...

I bought a pack of faucet adapters when I bought my siphon. Mine was not python though.

Would she prefer water all over the floor, or a hose in her sink? When I use mine, I run the hose out the window to drain the tank then hook it up to the bathroom sink to fill it.

Would she prefer water all over the floor, or a hose in her sink? When I use mine, I run the hose out the window to drain the tank then hook it up to the bathroom sink to fill it.
Same here, but out my front or back door...it's a waste of water to drain tanks using faucet pressure; gravity is free-of-charge, which happens to be my favorite price

I cant run it out the window... We have a screen and you actually have to take the screen off cause it doesn't raise. I would just run it out the door and on to the grass.

Same here, but out my front or back door...it's a waste of water to drain tanks using faucet pressure; gravity is free-of-charge, which happens to be my favorite price
The suction is also dependent on the vertical drop in the hose (tank to outlet), so you'll likely get a much higher flow rate than with the faucet venturi, assuming you have a large drop available.

The suction is also dependent on the vertical drop in the hose (tank to outlet), so you'll likely get a much higher flow rate than with the faucet venturi, assuming you have a large drop available.
My tank is definitely higher than the faucet...

Agreed, but depends on the water pressure at the faucet, too....my kitchen faucet flow is restricted by the manufacturer, to save water...but my bathroom faucet is not...BR faucet would drain my tanks MUCH more quickly, but again, I never use that method, it's a waste of water

As long as your tank is higher than the ground, you'll be able to use gravity to drain, and save water
Thats great to hear! I'll take some pics of the faucet when I can

Agreed, but depends on the water pressure at the faucet, too....my kitchen faucet flow is restricted by the manufacturer, to save water...but my bathroom faucet is not...BR faucet would drain my tanks MUCH more quickly, but again, I never use that method, it's a waste of water
And it also depends on the gravity drop. I can drop mine about 12 feet. Of course at that point I have to pinch the tube when vacuuming to keep from draining the gravel out the hose.

And it also depends on the gravity drop. I can drop mine about 12 feet. Of course at that point I have to pinch the tube when vacuuming to keep from draining the gravel out the hose.
Indeed, it does....with the Python, there's a shutoff valve at the siphon end, no need to pinch the hose to restrict flow...once the flow is established, you can regulate the flow rate, or even turn it off completely, with the valve...my gravity drop for all of my tanks is 6', or so

Most reactions

Back