Huge mistake... Im so mad at myself...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

For some reason his cycling went awry . Perhaps he added too much ammonia at one point. His nitrites in my opinion got excessively high and that stalled his cycle. He finally did a very large water change and hopefully that will put his cycling back on track. We shall see in the next few days. Normally a fish in cycling may take 5 to 6 weeks but once cycled you can then add a full stocking of fish.

For some reason his cycling went awry . Perhaps he added too much ammonia at one point. His nitrites in my opinion got excessively high and that stalled his cycle. He finally did a very large water change and hopefully that will put his cycling back on track. We shall see in the next few days. Normally a fish in cycling may take 5 to 6 weeks but once cycled you can then add a full stocking of fish.
I have fish in my tank. No ammonia. They are even flirting with each other.

Its been 80 days since I added the first water to the tank...

Here is how the tank looks today...
0109220914.jpg

Stay the course, do as @Fishmanic advises....when you get tired of hauling buckets for WC's (I used buckets maybe 3 times, that was enough), get a Python, makes WC's MUCH easier, and less messy...with practice

Stay the course, do as @Fishmanic advises....when you get tired of hauling buckets for WC's (I used buckets maybe 3 times, that was enough), get a Python, makes WC's MUCH easier, and less messy...with practice
I definitely will look into that one... BUT, the reason I fidnt get one was because we dont have our hoses set up in the winter time... So it could only be used in the fall,spring, and summer

I definitely will look into that one... BUT, the reason I fidnt get one was because we dont have our hoses set up in the winter time... So it could only be used in the fall,spring, and summer
?....it will hook up to your indoor faucet(s)....surely those are in use during the winter months? ;)

When you are done with your weekly WC, store it away in a tote

Yah... The thing is, is that our faucets dont have those "attatchy" things... There is nothing to screw on or off
?....it will hook up to your indoor faucet(s)....surely those are in use during the winter months? ;)

Yup, our bathroom faucets dont have em... The kitchen one does but aint no way my moms letting me have a hose go from the kitchen to the tank
Are you certain?....many of the new faucets today have a streamlined look, doesn't appear to be an aerator on them, but there is, if you look closely...both my kitchen and bathroom faucets have them; the one in the BR is obvious, the one in the kitchen, not so much

And just tell your mom if you make a mess, the kitchen floor gets cleaned, free of charge....

Are you certain?....many of the new faucets today have a streamlined look, doesn't appear to be an aerator on them, but there is, if you look closely...both my kitchen and bathroom faucets have them; the one in the BR is obvious, the one in the kitchen, not so much
Where would it be? How do I take it off?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back