How To Take Care "black Ghost Knifefish"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DerpPH said:
Malaysia is just below the Philippines. Prople dont reall care about the fish in the night markets. They tell you false things. Thats why I cane here.
All about the money. It's sad people are like that but I guess you do need to make a living. Swings and roundabouts..

Sophie1992 said:
Malaysia is just below the Philippines. Prople dont reall care about the fish in the night markets. They tell you false things. Thats why I cane here.
All about the money. It's sad people are like that but I guess you do need to make a living. Swings and roundabouts..
Sad really. Good thing I came here! I love this forum,

Hi eaglesaquarium, Sophie was correct, I never use heater seems the weather here range 25-33'C.
What is you means the hard or soft water? How to characterize it? 

DerpPH, u are correct about peoples here. Hard to find there are truly care about the fish even in the certain fish/aquarium shop also. There all about profit & money.

By the way, I'm on my way back from outstation. Hopefully everything is alright. Last I did changed the water on Friday evening.

During my outstation, I had the opportunity to go to  an aquarium store & found something interest. There are huge tank & I very like it. I attached some pictures:

The Tank
Mukim 13-20130622-02652a.jpg

Is it DragonFish?
Mukim 13-20130622-02649a.jpg

This is catfish right?
Mukim 13-20130622-02645b.jpg

the 2nd pic looks like a snakehead... common variety and the other is a redtail.

Hard water means that there's lots of dissolved solids, mainly minerals, inside it. The softer the water, the less of these dissolved minerals there are.

BamBeckham said:
Hi eaglesaquarium, Sophie was correct, I never use heater seems the weather here range 25-33'C.
If you get a lot of lime deposits in your kettle, or on your shower, then your water is hard. If you don't get any, your water is soft. If you just get a little bit of limescale, then your water is medium.

The first fish is a snakehead, and the second one is a red tailed catfish. I fear even that tank isn't big enough for the catfish

fluttermoth said:
The first fish is a snakehead, and the second one is a red tailed catfish. I fear even that tank isn't big enough for the catfish

Thought I'd post as it's quite cute, the Big Fish Campaign had a life size stuffed model done of the Red Tailed Catfish
biggrin.png

942179_417550305018603_46602163_n.jpg

fluttermoth said:

If you get a lot of lime deposits in your kettle, or on your shower, then your water is hard. If you don't get any, your water is soft. If you just get a little bit of limescale, then your water is medium.

+1 to all the above.

eaglesaquarium said:

+1 to all the above.

If so, then my water is soft.. ;-) Last nite after arrived at my home, I quickly did the water changes. Then I check my water & contained ammonia 0.25, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, pH 7.2. [Just be patient]
Sophie1992 said:

Thought I'd post as it's quite cute, the Big Fish Campaign had a life size stuffed model done of the Red Tailed Catfish
biggrin.png

942179_417550305018603_46602163_n.jpg

Hahaha... You're cute with the cute red tailed catfish models.
tongue2.gif

BamBeckham said:

DerpPH, u are correct about peoples here. Hard to find there are truly care about the fish even in the certain fish/aquarium shop also. There all about profit & money.

By the way, I'm on my way back from outstation. Hopefully everything is alright. Last I did changed the water on Friday evening.

During my outstation, I had the opportunity to go to  an aquarium store & found something interest. There are huge tank & I very like it. I attached some pictures:

The Tank
attachicon.gif
Mukim 13-20130622-02652a.jpg

Is it DragonFish?
attachicon.gif
Mukim 13-20130622-02649a.jpg

This is catfish right?
attachicon.gif
Mukim 13-20130622-02645b.jpg

Most of tropical fishkeeper in indonesia do not use heater too, Myself never use it for my aquariums.

I think we have the same issue in indonesia, the LFS rarely sell test kit, when it is available, it'll be super expensive

The first picture is peacock bass, the second I'm not quite sure, I think it's a snakehead, the third is Red Tailed Catfish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back