How To Reduce Cloudy Water From Sand

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Im starting to think that i could get that small log ornament in my small 30 by 33 tank but i forgot how big it is but luckily my P@H have my tank that i have on display so i can get that ornament on the shelf and put it in the display tank and see if its not to big also its good that its hollow so the fish can hide in there as at the moment when i switch the lights on the fish hide under the filter but i wont see them

They had two sizes at my local P@H, a large and a small log. The small log cost me about £16 I think (got it along with a 3 for 2 deal).
I can tell you roughly how big it is, actually, it's about 23cm long by 12 cm tall, as measured through my aquarium glass :)

Actually I just checked the P@H website and a reviewer there has said they had problems with colour leaching out of it after two weeks. I've only had mine in the water for about 2 weeks (with no problems so far). Maybe check with DrSlackBladder if he had any problems with colour leaching before you buy it.

No problems with any colour leaching with either the large or the small. You can have either or both of mine for half store price plus postage if you have a Paypal account!

I used a measuring tape to see how big the ornament would be in my tank and its really high for my tank to start off with and the depth and width would only allow me to put just that small log in

Should I add more sand into my tank as my Corey's shufel it around and it gets uneven and near the bottom. Just saw my Corey's in the tank a few hours ago my albino one looked dead as its mouth was diged into the sand and was still. What do you feed your corys as I have algae wafers which I brake into small chunks as a small piece can make the other fish over eat making their stomachs extend and most of the time the fish take the chunks away from the corys and my shrimps sometimes snatch it from them but the corys do have a chance to eat it. (Typing from the phone)

Cories need meaty food too. I feed mine shrimp pellets, they love it.

Don't worry about topping up the sand until you worry about too much being taken out from water changes.

Does your other fish try to take a pick at it and you might see them have large stomachs after? my algae wafers say they are made to last 15-20 mins but a single whole wafer over feeds my fish and last there for hours thats why i crush it till small pieces but i think if i had a large tank with a number of fish in then i would say it would last for a short time

Should i add a little more sand into my tank? i think the depth of it may be a little short to the bottom but happy to see my corys barbles get bigger :)

You can always add more sand...

I use Wardley's Shrimp pellets for my cories and my panda cories are breeding like mad. I've successfully had 6 pandas grow to maturity in the last 6 months and found another tiny cory this evening. And I don't do ANYTHING special for them to breed and survive. I don't save the eggs, or put the fry in a breeding net, etc. It works out well for me. ;-P

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back