How to plant plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Banafish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
dwarf chain sword
Hi, how would I plant plants such as the one in the picture? Would I just take it out of the pot and insert it in the substrate? Thanks!

In a nutshell...yes.

Try to remove as much of the rock wool from the roots as you can manage, then gently separate the plant into a few pieces. Stick it into the substrate and voilà

Take the plant out of the rock wool and you should see that there are 2-3 (maybe more) plantlets there, separate them and plant them a few cm apart.

Wills

Agree with above members. Remove the "pot" (I find giving the entire pot a slight squeeze in your hand loosens it more) and then very carefully remove the wool. It is easy to break roots, so be careful. Create a depression in the sand and using your entire hand, gently poke the root mass into the sand and with your other hand fill in the sand around it. Make sure the crown is not buried; I usually pull the plant upwards very slowly to ensure this.

I find a straightened out paper clip useful for gently pulling about bits of the rock wool stuck between the roots.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back