How to lower water temp?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I have lots of fishes; Black ghost, discus, angelfish, silver dollar, goldfish, rosy barb, kuhli, betta, swordtails, ram, pleco, loaches (clown and kubotai loach) My country temp is 35c (95F)
Questions;
1. Which fish should be kept in lower temp?
2. Is there anyway to lower the temp with out using aquarium chiller?

What fish are you exactly questioning? Do you not have a heater?

goldfish, rosy barbs and swordtails prefer cooler water but they will be fine.

The only way you can reduce it is by using an air conditioner in the room/ house

Turn off electrical appliances in the room and only have the pumps/ filters for the tank running.

Try to open windows at night to let the house cool down and close it up during the day to keep the heat out.

If you have a 2 story building, try to keep the fish on the ground floor because it is cooler than the upper levels of the house.

If possible I would say to get an aquarium chiller, only because it would keep the temp consistent:)

Cheaper option:

I have a separate heat regulator

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WK2SDT9/?tag=.

My heater is controlled by this, not the inbuilt thermostat of the heater. On a hot day I remove the lid of my tank and lean a fan over the water carefully positioned so if it does fall it falls outside the tank not in. I plug this into the heat regulator (cooler plug socket). When the water gets too hot the fan comes on and and blows cool air on the water.

As the the heater is plugged into the heater plug of the regulator this works as normal. Got it down from 27.8 to 25.7 within 2 hours.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Chillers are very expensive. You could make a cooler using fans to blow on the water and cause evaporation. PC fans are good for this.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back