• Option 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 3

• Option 4

• Total voters
Have you considered assassin snails?
While i dont have a snail problem have a friend who uses them and they work well for her. :)
I didn't, but my parents and brother went to the fish store while I was sailing and got some anyway, and it's worked.

@Tacocat Can you tell us what fish are currently in the tank?
this is an old post, but right now I got 2 guppies, 2 dwarf rasboras, 1 cardinal tetra, 6 cherry shrimp, 1 adult ramshorn and countless babies, and 3 assassin snails.
I've noticed ammonia has begun to be on the rise so I can assume that I hav reached the peak amount of fish.

this is an old post, but right now I got 2 guppies, 2 dwarf rasboras, 1 cardinal tetra, 6 cherry shrimp, 1 adult ramshorn and countless babies, and 3 assassin snails.
I've noticed ammonia has begun to be on the rise so I can assume that I hav reached the peak amount of fish.
Are you doing WC's when ammonia is present?

For the original query, the assassins will eventually take care of all of the pest snails. Assuming you have at least one male and one female, they too will breed, but not as prolifically or quickly as pest snails.

So pretty well stocked, so no snail eating fish of any type.

I usually elbow grease it(not rly but u know what i mean) but occasionally id scrap eggs off to feed fish.they go beserk for the eggs

Are you doing WC's when ammonia is present?

For the original query, the assassins will eventually take care of all of the pest snails. Assuming you have at least one male and one female, they too will breed, but not as prolifically or quickly as pest snails.
For ammonia, I am doing so, and for the assassins I'm not sure what sex they are, as they hardly show up above the gravel. They only show up when there's food.

For ammonia, I am doing so, and for the assassins I'm not sure what sex they are, as they hardly show up above the gravel. They only show up when there's food.
Yep, they burrow alot, and can stay buried for days...hard to get an exact number of them when they begin to reproduce, because of this...I'd rather them than pest snails any day, though

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back